A 833 V code?

-

PlumCrazy26

Reaction score
I pulled an 833 from a 75 dart yesterday that wasn't originally a 4 speed car and I'm trying to decode the numbers. I've looked all over and so far I've found it was build on the 5122 day (Aug 1975 I think) Most places online have guys asking about the C 99129 H casting on the gearbox but the one I have has reads C 99129 V and I can't find anything on that. It doesn't feel/look aluminum so I'm assuming it's not an OD? Pics below for reference. Thanks guys!

20170507_085518.jpg

20170507_084917.jpg

20170508_014245.jpg

My best shot at it is that it's an overdrive tranny out of an F body or A body built early in the '76 model year going by the serial number of 6G105164.
And to add to that, all O.D. transmissions were not aluminum housings, i have a couple, one out of a '75 and a '76 (A bodies) that aren't........
The bellhousing that you have pictured bolted to the tranny is a small block one, what is the bearing retainer size? (The hole that is left in the bellhousing after the tranny is removed)
Both my transmissions mentioned above have the small one which is the same as a regular 4 speed with 1:1 4th gear.
Most O.D trannys had the big one (Aluminum case ones anyway)
I can't help you with the rest of the numbers though...........
Maybe contact Brewer's or Passon for more specifics.
Yours is definitely not an aluminum case with the rust on the housing, that's a cinch.
I hope this helps, (I'm still learning too)............
Tom.

My best shot at it is that it's an overdrive tranny out of an F body or A body built early in the '76 model year going by the serial number of 6G105164.
And to add to that, all O.D. transmissions were not aluminum housings, i have a couple, one out of a '75 and a '76 (A bodies) that aren't........
The bellhousing that you have pictured bolted to the tranny is a small block one, what is the bearing retainer size? (The hole that is left in the bellhousing after the tranny is removed)
Both my transmissions mentioned above have the small one which is the same as a regular 4 speed with 1:1 4th gear.
Most O.D trannys had the big one (Aluminum case ones anyway)
I can't help you with the rest of the numbers though...........
Maybe contact Brewer's or Passon for more specifics.
Yours is definitely not an aluminum case with the rust on the housing, that's a cinch.
I hope this helps, (I'm still learning too)............
Tom.

The IBR is just over 5 inches. Now that you mention it I think my dad said the same thing. I guess I should've listened! Thanks for your swift reply, Dartnut!

The IBR is just over 5 inches. Now that you mention it I think my dad said the same thing. I guess I should've listened! Thanks for your swift reply, Dartnut!
Thanks back at you too!
I'm just trying to help, the 3-4 lever upside down is a tip off too, as 66fs said, but i've seen regular 4 speeds with this lever flipped by accident as well as the reverse lever flipped over to make a real judgement call, you never know what someone will do...........

-
Back