a 904

-

RoadRage

Reaction score
I just had my a904 rebuilt in my 65 dart 225.
I hooked the shift cable back up to the shift lever inside the tranny the exact way I took it off. Problem is when its in park and I go to reverse, nothing happens. When I go to neutral it kicks into to drive. From that point forward d 2 and 1 are the same. Does anyone know how to set this in Proper sequence? My car has the shift cable on one side and the park cable on the passenger side. Again P is park Reverse does nothing and neutral is Drive. Please help.

I just had my a904 rebuilt in my 65 dart 225.
I hooked the shift cable back up to the shift lever inside the tranny the exact way I took it off. Problem is when its in park and I go to reverse, nothing happens. When I go to neutral it kicks into to drive. From that point forward d 2 and 1 are the same. Does anyone know how to set this in Proper sequence? My car has the shift cable on one side and the park cable on the passenger side. Again P is park Reverse does nothing and neutral is Drive. Please help.
That’s why it’s threaded. You’ll need someone to hold the button in on park while you adjust the threaded washer in or out. It’s hard to do on your own.

Jake

the rooster comb on the cable trans is in the shifter so there is a small adjuster somewhere in the mechanism. Pushbutton is Greek to me...

I just did my 62. It helped to remove the neutral safety switch and Watch the detents from the hole.

That’s why it’s threaded. You’ll need someone to hold the button in on park while you adjust the threaded washer in or out. It’s hard to do on your own.

Jake
its 3 on the column not push button

-
Back