A Attack Of Stupid

-

BigWhip

New to Mopar land
Reaction score
Last night while working in my shop I was attacked by Stupid. Yes Stupid snuck in and did a unbelivable act.

The truth is, I was painting in the shop and set a unopen can of paint near my shop heater. My son and some friends were pulling the rear end out of his car and asked for my opinion on dropping the complete axle. Needless to say I forgot the paint. With in a very short time the can busted and STUPID was painting the floor with 1/2 gallon of hot white paint . I was lucky it was latex.

Safety cannot be forgotton.

Shairing a Stupid act may keep Stupid from coming to your shop.

Whip

It was careless, until it became a mess, then it was stupid :-D

What a great safety reminder !!

Now that the garage floor has a white basecoat, I suggest Hemi Orange as a top coat.

You are absolutely right about thinking of safety first. Think. Think. Think. Even lying on your back under your car and lifting a tranny could cause damage that will be with you for the rest of your life.

Dont cry over spilt milk ( or what looks like milk ).
I heard a story about a bunch of dopeheads that broke into a lakeside cabin to party all weekend. One guy kept tossing firecrackers in the fireplace making others jump. Some fun huh ?
Anyway... Sunday morn rolls around and the drugs and alcohol are gone. Everyone is gathered around the fire, chilly, hung over, etc..
Only thing left to eat in this cabin is a can of pinto beans. Story teller ( my cousin ) says he peeled the paper label off the can and proped it on one of the firedogs. Warm up some grub.
Yep, short time later the can exploded, threw hot beans on everyone and put out their fire too. Party's over LOL
Took a minute or two before some of these clowns realized it wasn't a firecracker to blame.

Years ago a friend of mine was gonna do some touch up engine painting in his garage. It was cold, so he set the can of Hemi Orange on top of a Dearborn heater. A bit later he picked it up and on that first shake where the ball hit the bottom of the can the first time, that can took off like a Nike Zeus blowing paint all over the front of his Hemi E body, and splitting the web between his thumb and index finger.

We just had an incident here on the Island a week or two ago.

A bunch of "First Nation's" people were out after midnight digging clams. Guess they were using one of those Coleman propane lanterns so they could see. You know the type with the disposable propane cylinder. Well, moron comes into the house and puts the lantern on the wood stove.

I suppose that they all went to sleep, cause there was one big *** explosion, absolutely destroying the house and the five people that were in it.

That's a Darwin Award winner for sure.

probably something like that. except it went off in his hand

The same guy attacked me a while ago. My father was backing his '50 Ford Custom Convertible out of the garage when a can of silver spray paint started rolling into his path. All I could think of was "OH CRAP!! That's going to look like s**t on a blue car" and since he didn't hear my yell to stop I ran over and bent down just in time to get a blast of silver paint in the face. Only in my face. Not on my shirt, not on the car, nowhere else. A perfect shot. Damn that stupid guy.

Worked summers sanding cars at a body shop near home. Owner had batt charger on a 55 Plymouth trying to start it. I thought I wanted to see everything and bent over the drivers fender to watch just as he hit the starter.
Battery exploded and I got a face full of acid. Lucky for me I knew there was a water faucet on the ground about 10 feet away. I crawled quickly and found it and ran water over my face for about 10 minutes forcing my eyes to remain open to clear them. I don't feel the need to stand over batt's anymore.

Just last week, a buddy of mine had a car jacked up with a 3 ton heavy duty floor jack. Without any warning, a seal let loose and the jack dropped completely. Luckily, he wasn't under the car.

Always always always use a jack stand, even for the simpliest repair. If stupid comes to visit you on this occasion, he mayl also bring the grim reaper.

Always always always use a jack stand, even for the simpliest repair. If stupid comes to visit you on this occasion, he mayl also bring the grim reaper.

X2 69swinger :thumbup:

I have once seen a separated tire blow while airing it up.....Puts you on your a** real quick. :pale:

As long as you don't do it twice, it 'aint stupid.. Of course as previuosly mentioned, once may kill ya'.

-
Back