A/B body 8 3/4?

-

69fstbkcuda

Reaction score
Will a 66 coronet BB 8 3/4 bolt in a 69 barracuda AB w/o cutting it down?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
you like them spinnin tires!:burnout:

Spring pads need moved in a half inch each side. I have bowed the springs out to make them work but its hard on the bushings. About 1 3/4 inches wider each side too.I have one in my Duster.

Some will pull the springs side ways a little, force it to bolt up. I assume the spring bushings would wear out faster. That 1/2 imch difference may be through 65 model Bs and the 66 model is even more different ( i forget ). To relocate the perches has to be a better plan regardless how much.

:prayer: Thanks for all the info. Ill take some pics and post them when i get it under the car.

Keep in mind that the track width will be different fron to rear, not that its a big deal really. You'll need to change the drive shaft length, and buy 3 inch U bolts. Good luck

Some will pull the springs side ways a little, force it to bolt up. I assume the spring bushings would wear out faster. That 1/2 imch difference may be through 65 model Bs and the 66 model is even more different ( i forget ). To relocate the perches has to be a better plan regardless how much.

No 66 is like that too. I have three out of 66 coronets.Believe it changed in 68 when the coronet got wider.

Yes, it is nearly a direct bolt in, the A-body perches are 1/2" narrower per side, most people who are using the B-body rear without mini-tubbing simply pull the springs out the extra 1/2." There is enough give in the bushings to accommodate the difference.

The other change is that you'll need rear rims with the correct offset. Otherwise you're good to go.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back