A bit of news

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make a good news bad news post.

1st the good news. We will be moving to Stillwater tomorrow into our mobile home we just bought. It's a 16X80 3 bedroom 2 bath home with all appliances including a dish washer. It sits in a small park on a nice size lot,so we cut our monthly pay out on bills in half both good for us. I will have it paid for in 5 years.

Now the bad news,I spent over 3 hours there waiting to see a Orthopedic surgeon about my back. He wants me to go through a series of steroid shots to see if it will help ease the pain. I somehow that I re ruptured a disc that was repaired 20 years ago. He doesn't see any point in operating on my back for several reasons. A lot of scar tissue has built up around the first surgery,I am a high risk because of my neuropthy,diabetes ( main reason) , and my sleep apnea.

Enjoy your new place!

To bad about your Dr appointment. Sounds like a good time to pick up a new bed. Maybe that could help.

Get better bud!

congrats on the new place Cliff. im sorry to hear about your back. hopefully they can pinpoint what you need to ease your pain.

Thanks Racingduster, new bed won't be possible yet mine is still firm.

congrats on the new place Cliff. im sorry to hear about your back. hopefully they can pinpoint what you need to ease your pain.

Thanks Lance, yeah I hope so too one of the major problem is my neuropthy I have no reflex from the knees down. I see hand controls very soon in my future

i think this is bad bcoz your moving farther away from Asa......but otherwise i hope you enjoy your new place.

Congratulations, North Carolina is a distant memory for you by now. Hope You and your back will respond well to therapy.

Congratulations, North Carolina is a distant memory for you by now. Hope You and your back will respond well to therapy.

Sometimes a move is good, whittle down things you dont really need. The trailer is on a lot and not in a park?

Thanks Tom, Yes my trailer is in a park but a very small one.

without a doubt , rent will be a distant memory. hopefully your back and leg pain as well

I hope so Lance it's getting hard to live with the pain. I hope the steroid treatment works

Congrats on your move tomorrow Cliff. Try not to do too much. Hope those shots can finally get you some relief. Hate to here about the reflex loss. Hopefully down the road a piece the docs can find a way to reverse it.

Congrats on your move tomorrow Cliff. Try not to do too much. Hope those shots can finally get you some relief. Hate to here about the reflex loss. Hopefully down the road a piece the docs can find a way to reverse it.

Thanks Rick. It would be great to get my reflexes back but I don't think it will happen.

Congrats on lowering those payments. thats always a great feeling..now isn't there some mopar part we can install in your back and get you back on the road again?

aloha Mike

Congrats on lowering those payments. thats always a great feeling..now isn't there some mopar part we can install in your back and get you back on the road again?

aloha Mike

Thanks Mike, I just need a 440 for my power wheelchair lol

Cliff, Good luck on your move and the steroid tratments for your back.Ask the Doctor how many shots you can have before you have to be concerned about them damaging your heart. These Golden years ain't what they are supposed to be on us older guys.
Howard

Cliff, Good luck on your move and the steroid tratments for your back.Ask the Doctor how many shots you can have before you have to be concerned about them damaging your heart. These Golden years ain't what they are supposed to be on us older guys.
Howard

Thanks and I will find out about the shots

congrats on your new place cliff and in 5 years its all yours and more mopar money will come.i hope the doctors can help with your pain.

congrats on your new place cliff and in 5 years its all yours and more mopar money will come.i hope the doctors can help with your pain.

Thanks jim, the back problem I hope will be taken care of with the shots.

Congratulations on the move.

Scar tissue is my part of major back problem. I can fill you in on the shots also because I have had them done five times over seven years. I felt like Superman after they took effect but there are limits to how often you can have then done. I need to have it done again.

Congratulations on the move.

Scar tissue is my part of major back problem. I can fill you in on the shots also because I have had them done five times over seven years. I felt like Superman after they took effect but there are limits to how often you can have then done. I need to have it done again.

I have had it done once before and it worked for 3 days.

Cliff,goodluck on the move and i'm glad your getting a place that u can call your own.There is nothin like calling it yours,,I hate renting,,BEST WISHES ON YOUR NEW PLACE

-
Back