A-bodies with Sunroofs

-
74360duster said:
any ideas what a car like mine would be worth if i was to sell it?
sadly the 73-76 a-bodies haven't hit their stride yet in the price game. get it registered to determin its rarity and that will help. as is hhumm?? 10,000 - 15,000

http://www.gvgovier.com/

Sweet looking Duster! Jeremy, can you post the pic looking up at the headliner by itself?? We are putting one together and it would make great reference material . Thanks

ramcharger,
Thanks for the info and it does appear to be a factory 340 sunroof car from the fender tag. I figure the different door tag is from a donor car. Hopefully somone has saved it and is restoring it.

74360Duster,
You have a beautiful and rare car there and I would keep it. Hard to value as unfortunately 74's don't get as much respect as even lowly 73's. lol! I agree with the $10,000-$15,000 range. My first car out of high school was a brand new 1974 Duster 360/auto, yellow exterior, parchment interior with black stripes. I was very proud of that car as I made the payments on it. Too bad I sold it but in those days I got rid of cars after 2-3 years and tried something else for fun. :sad:

73DartSport360,
I sent you a PM and will send you the info on where to get seals when I get back in town. You can ask the guy about cables also.

Guys please keep me informed of all 1973 sunroof 340 cars you hear of or see!

Thanks, Brian

I missed out on a 1975 Duster 360 about 10 or 12 years ago in Toronto that was for sale in an estate sale. It was a triple black, low mileage, all-original 360 car, buckets, console automatic and had the sunroof. I had my 75 Dart Sport at the time and wanted the Duster badly but couldn't afford to have both. The Duster sold very quickly for around $5000 IIRC.

The owner was an acquaintance of mine named Tom Thompson who died suddenly in his living room chair from a brain aneurysm. Very sad. :-(

I have a 74 dart swinger with a factory sunroof , it is just a 318 car but when I got it didn't have a motor in it and I put a 360 in it. I picked up a parts sunroof for it but it turned out to be one for a duster. I found out the hard way they were different. Craig

DemonDave said:
I missed out on a 1975 Duster 360 about 10 or 12 years ago in Toronto that was for sale in an estate sale. It was a triple black, low mileage, all-original 360 car, buckets, console automatic and had the sunroof. I had my 75 Dart Sport at the time and wanted the Duster badly but couldn't afford to have both. The Duster sold very quickly for around $5000 IIRC.

The owner was an acquaintance of mine named Tom Thompson who died suddenly in his living room chair from a brain aneurysm. Very sad. :-(

Here's a pic of the car:

TTDUSTer1.sized.jpg

Mines a 73 Duster with sunroof and fold down rear seat. had a 318/A904, but now has a 360/A904, would like a four speed though, time will tell.

DSCF1097.jpg

I have a 72 foldback 318 Duster and a '72 foldback 340 Demon. A lot of fun!

Nice cars you have there!

Here's the latest numbers I have on factory 1973 340 sunroof cars still alive.

(10) Dusters

(17) Dart Sports

I had a 73 duster,,,340,,,crank sunroof,,fold down rear seat,,,bucket seats,,,floor console automatic,,,,its still in Hawaii,,,,I think its purple now

rocker 058.jpg

rocker 059.jpg

Mine is a 75 Convertriple. Originally a 318/904, but now it's a 360/518 combo. Everything works (after I took it apart) but there is no headliner in the car right now.

Nice cars you have there!

Here's the latest numbers I have on factory 1973 340 sunroof cars still alive.

(10) Dusters

(17) Dart Sports

I had a 73 Duster that I sold last year to a guy in Wisconsin. It was a 340 car that had both the sunroof and the fold-down back seat.The 340 was gone when I got it, but otherwise everything seemed to be there.

PDR_0020.jpg

PDR_0026.jpg

PDR_0029.jpg

PDR_0031.jpg

PDR_0032.jpg

73 340 SportConvertriple
69k miles
Matching Numbers
Top Banana
A/C
hood scoop
hood tape treatment
P/S
Light Package
Painted Racing Mirrors
3.23 Suegrip
Rallyes
Am Radio
Coolant Recovery System

I also had a rustbucket 75 /6 sunroof parts car that I found in Kingsport, Tn about 6 years ago. On my way out of town I stopped at the local Dodge dealer for a free cup of coffee. A younger salemen's 1st words were " You can't tow with a Dakota R/T!"
My response to him was " Gee, I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to find a hitch for this Dart so I can tow the R/T back to Florida."
An older salemen asked what I was doing with the Dart. I told him that I bought it for parts. He asked if I bought it from a guy that lived on the road on the west side of the Kodak plant.I said no. He told me were to find it.
I found a sunk to the hubs in mud 73 rustbucket 318 sunroof car.
Nobody was home but I could not leave a note as the large Rottweiler was very mad about me intruding on his property.
Imagine finding 2 sunroof cars in Kingsport.
In 2004 I was at the Mopar meet at Atlanta Dragway and ran into a guy from Alabama who had a 73 340 Sport 4 Speed Red with white buckets.
At the 2003 Mopar Nats I found a ratty green 340 sport sunroof car as well as a 74 Sport sunroof car.
They are out there but pretty rare.

Hello,

Here's my 74 Hang Ten I picked up last summer. It has the original 6cyl in it, and I also found the broadcast sheet. It spent its' life in eastern Oregon, and Nevada so it's pretty baked, but a very solid car. How many 6 cyl sunroof cars out there?

Does anyone have a source for the sunroof weatherstrip?

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

kelly's (sp) sunroof parts

888-298-8140

They have it - its a little different than stock but it should work with a little imagination

About 5 years ago I looked at a H code 73 dart sport with a canvas sunroof that was just north of Bloomfield, IA. It was B3 blue, black interior, console auto, 323 8 3/4 rear, disc brake car. The 340 was out of it in his garage, but all the numbers matched. Last I knew he the guy sold it to someone in the St. Louis area

Hi. A friend of mine has a 73 Duster with a sunroof and 340/auto, grey with black inside. He bought the car about 20 years ago for the drivetrain, body is pretty rough.After he finishes his 70 Swinger 340/4spd he might start the restoration.

Heres mine, LOL

Wish I could find a real mopar sunroof to plug the hole with.

I have a 73 Dart Sport 340 with a sunroof, is there anyone else out there who has sunroof a-bodies. If so send a pic. Any one with a 72 Foldable fabrick moonroof Duster? My 73 is the same one they used in the "Convertriple" adds. It is red, white interior, white top with white stripes.
I only know of 2 other 73 Dusters and 1 other Dart Sport with H code's and Sunroofs.
i have a 1973 duster e55 340 d21 4speed v21 hood trement go1 sport remote mirrore rear defogger c73 fold down rear seat m52 manual sun roof c56 bucket tx9 black inside and tx9 outside very low miles 37,595 car been in garage since 1977

I also have a 73 contvertriple. 340 auto transmission. 42k miles now picked up in 2012 with 38k miles had been sitting under a cover outside since 1977. Red, hood scoop, white stripe blacked out hood.

I know of two '73 Dusters (both 318 cars) with the subroof in my area, and I recall a '73 340 4sp with one years ago but it was sold in the 80s. No clue where it went or if it's around. I bought a rear frame section and cut it off a '73 340 Duster in RI a few years ago. That was a race car and there was not much left of it but he had cut off the roof and sunroof parts... Watch out for the drain tubes if you cut the roof off !

I own a 1972 Duster with the American Sunroof fold back sunroof option. It flaps some but I can go 70 mph with the top open. This sunroof opening is larger than later Mopar sunroofs.

-
Back