A Body 4 speed Console

-

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
How common are these? There's one on ebay in bad shape for $850 and one in great shape including shifter handle for $450. I guess value is contingent on the seller... Does anyone have one laying around I could buy?

They're not real common but a lot of people seem to over price them.

You can get nice reproduction parts for about the same as some people want for their rusted or pitted parts.

this is what i did to mine, just a thought......

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 5.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 6.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 7.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 8.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 290
  • 9.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 12.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 287
How common are these? There's one on ebay in bad shape for $850 and one in great shape including shifter handle for $450. I guess value is contingent on the seller... Does anyone have one laying around I could buy?

I believe the 4 speed and auto console base is the same, the front top section is different. I have had both, looked the same to me.

The 4 speed console top is hard to find and expessive to to rechrome, if repo is available might be a better way to go

Bottom base is different, I believe it has a notch cutout on the pass-side bottom, prices are just ridiculous on these.

Hey cudaboy67 that turned out real nice!! What did you use as the "filler"??

4spdragtop
hi there, i used a ali gauze with hot glue to make general shape of hump,then fiberglass with regular car body filler over that.then hot glue to hold the material <tip dont hot glue the surfaces but area on underside and bit below the metal top section>

-
Back