Status
Not open for further replies.

95dakotadude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy an A-body shifter setup with a 4-speed shifter mech, linkage rods, and the metal squares that go on the tranny.

Bushings and clips aren't necessary but preferrable.

Also looking for a new/freshly rebuilt A833 for a B/E body (I know this is an A body site but figured I might as well post).

Depending on the day I'm located in Grand Rapids, MI or Oconomowoc, WI and am willing to travel a bit to save on cost.

Thanks,
Karl G.

Last edited:
A B/E body transmission in an A body? Or, is this for a different car? On the shifter.......what year? Console or not? Hurst? Inland? Aftermarket? Need more info....

Long story short, I have a custom setup that I run. It's a B/E tranny with an A body shifter.

Console or not doesn't matter, I just need the shifter mech. I'll probably have to modify a lever myself. I'm looking for a hurst unit.

The entire setup is going into a 95 Dakota.

In that case, why does it have to be an A-body shifter? Why not just get a factory B or E body complete setup?

In that case, why does it have to be an A-body shifter? Why not just get a factory B or E body complete setup?
B body is too close, E body is too far. I already have an A230 with the setup and the truck is running/driving condition. I don't want to have to reconfigure everything again. An A833 from an B/E body is a direct bolt in. The A230 I got at the time of building was free so I rolled with it. Knowing what I know now, I would've just got an A body tranny, but I can't do it now without redoing the driveshaft, etc.

Here's an old pic of my A230 showing the shifter location and my setup for reference.

tranny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back