A Body 8.75 housing .

-

ram45red

Reaction score
What is the length from outside flange to outside flange on a A body 8.75 rear ? Getting ready to order a set of Moser axles for one .

Call moser. If you have a stock housing they will know exactly what axle ya need depending on the brakes you are using

Call moser. If you have a stock housing they will know exactly what axle ya need depending on the brakes you are using
I called yesterday getting prices and part numbers. Didn't ask about length. Got my housing out and measured it.It didn't add up . I'll call again later .

Yeah, when I ordered Moser I told him stock axle a body, wide offset brakes. I never gave him a single measurement.

On Moser's website A body 8.75 with B body brake plates and drums are 28 inches long. must be a typo. I need to call a rep. there before placing an order with them .

A body axle shafts are 28 inches long. They stick out from the housing on each end, so it won't be "axle length + axle length = housing width"

On Moser's website A body 8.75 with B body brake plates and drums are 28 inches long. must be a typo. I need to call a rep. there before placing an order with them .

they are 28 inches long due to the fact you must use the larger brake backing plates from B bodies etc. with their axles ,,, stock A body backing plates cannot be used with those axles because the axle setback/brake offset ( from bearing face to flange ) is shorter making the stock A body axle shorter as well.

-
Back