A-body armrest - stripped threads in door’s sheet metal

-
That should work ok.

Use this.

Permatex® Steel Weld 4 Minute Metal Epoxy
Dude, how many doors do you have there??!!

Hi, my name is Super cuda...... and im a dooraholoic :poke: :thumbsup:
LOL !!

Just posted several different model 71 doors, none with the reliefs for the clips.

Why would Mopar do that??

This right here^^^^ will work fine.
I think you would have to remove the window regulator and the glass to get at it. Even then , I'm not sure what effective swing you would get with a hammer.

The procedure works great though when you have access.

I think you would have to remove the window regulator and the glass to get at it. Even then , I'm not sure what effective swing you would get with a hammer.

The procedure works great though when you have access.
You swing from the outside.

Why not just cut out 2 rectangles the correct size and location for the clips you bought, (like in the photo of my post with the 67 dart door)

Simple, no welding, permanent, repairable by replacing the clips in the future.
Sounds like a good solution but I’m not sure of the difficulty of getting the location correct. Apparently the clips I bought before removing the door panel were intended for the rectangular hole that you show.

That should work ok.

Use this.

Permatex® Steel Weld 4 Minute Metal Epoxy

LOL !!

Just posted several different model 71 doors, none with the reliefs for the clips.

Why would Mopar do that??
The lower seat back bolts are similar in 71, basically a lag screw run into the floor.

I just happen to have a 67 dart with the doors stripped, I would be happy to get you the dimensions or even a part template
Thank you for the offer but, before you invest the effort, I’ll try one or two approaches that require less metal cutting and accuracy. I’ve experimented with JB cold weld epoxy combined with a small piece of steel mesh and I was unable to strip the thread using a screwdriver. I took delivery today on a box of U-nuts which I’d consider a backup that requires less cutting accuracy. I might even consider a combo of the U-nut plus the JB cold weld.
IMG_1646.jpeg

Why not just cut out 2 rectangles the correct size and location for the clips you bought, (like in the photo of my post with the 67 dart door)

Simple, no welding, permanent, repairable by replacing the clips in the future.
That's what I would do my 70 duster has one original door & one 71. So 70 has clips one does not. At present I don't have a problem but someday I might. There are other penny pinching differences between years. The duster nameplate on the painted part of the door in 70 they were held on with counter sink oval top sheet metal screws, 71 had round holes with sheet metal spring clips that grab plastic posts on emblem.

-
Back