A-body axles

-

EARLYHEMIBILL

Reaction score
I have an 8-3/4" rear in my 67 Valiant. I moved the springs in .800" to help clear the bigger tires. The axles have the 5 on 4" pattern. I can get a set of 5 on 4-1/2" axles on ebay for bigger rims and tires later. I have a rotary table for my mill so redrilling the drums is not an issue. The drums are 10". Will I have to do any other mods to make this work? The rims are 8-1/2 X 15s now. I want the bigger bolt pattern so I can go with at least a 10" wide rim.

Why not order up a set from moser with the 5x4.5 and the slightly longer axles so you can use the bigger b body brake 11x2.5

Usually the aftermarket 5- 4 1/2 axle shafts are made for the bigger brakes. You'd have to check with the manufacturer to see if your existing 10 X 1 3/4 brakes will work with them even if you redrill the drums. Like 1970Duster said, why not just get some bigger brakes that are stock for the bigger bolt pattern?

Pretty easy finding the brakes... you can find them on vans and trucks from the 70's. That is where my rear brakes came from.

-
Back