A-body bucket seat tracks.

-

JTG

Reaction score
Out of curiousity, will the seat tracks from a 70,71,72 Dart work in a 1968 Barracuda, since both vehicles are built on the same A-body platform. Has anybody ever attempted to try this.

idk about early stuff but i know late model doba mirada charger tracks are the same

the A-body tracks are the same from 67 to 73. There was one little change... the rollers cages inside the tracks changed from steel to plastic. That doesn't effect fit.
The fit changed when the catalitic converter changed the floor pans shape.

they are not the same 68 to 69 are taller than the 70 to 73 and (73/ 74 i think this is the change over year maybe 75) 74 to 76 they change again because of the floor chanced. yours will work but are not correct. i have the correct ones if needed i am sure we can work something out if you need them. pm me

Hi Dave, your telling me the tracks for the (70,71,72) Dart will mount straight into the same location on floor of 68 Barracuda no problem, but the track itself doesn't sit as high as a 68 so the seats will be a little lower then norm.
I do have the proper tracks for the car but they need to be restored, where as I've come across a few Dart tracks that are in mint condition.

Hi Dave, your telling me the tracks for the (70,71,72) Dart will mount straight into the same location on floor of 68 Barracuda no problem, but the track itself doesn't sit as high as a 68 so the seats will be a little lower then norm.
I do have the proper tracks for the car but they need to be restored, where as I've come across a few Dart tracks that are in mint condition.

correct on the first part. not understanding about (where as I've come across a few Dart tracks that are in mint condition.) this part. 68 and 69 darts are the same. they would work also.

1975 was the first year for the cat and the shorter inside driver's track. I doubt the rest of the seat tracks changed, just the one over the cat. At least best I could tell from the '75 Dart I was looking at recently that had a set of buckets taken out of it.

-
Back