A-body clock

-

moparclown

Reaction score
I bought this gauge set-up for the clock and will be putting it in my red 69 Cuda.Anyone know what is used for setting the clock?is it a cable or a rod?And can I get one?Thanks for any help,Doug

100_8842.JPG

There's a clock adjustment cable comes out through the dash. They usually aren't too hard to find on e-Bay or possibly from a well stocked buddy here...

Thank you sir,I will have to take a look on the bag
Doug

A clock that still runs seen in a forty year old car is kinda nice. That cable can be difficult to find seperately. No need to hunt a bezel marked "CLOCK ADJ" cause their wasn't one.
I set my ground cable off the battery (most always off) so the clock is never right.
By engineering design, turning the adjust forward to set also makes the clock run slightly faster . Turning backward to correct time makes the clock run slightly slower. In a daily driven car this would eventually make the clock keep pretty close to correct time. The owner of rarely driven (like mine) has to try and remeber forwars to set now, backward to set next time. Otherwise I would eventually kill my clock.

-
Back