A body dash frames

-

ClassicCarGuy

69 (R6) Red ‘Cuda
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm whether a ‘68 A body rallye dash “frame” will work/fit in a (non rallye) ‘72 Duster/Demon.
If not, where or what are the differences and modifications that would be required to make the change, if it’s even feasible.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and insight!

If you want to use a Rallye cluster, you need the wiring as well. If you want the standard cluster, sell your Rallye frame off and get a standard frame.

If you want to use a Rallye cluster, you need the wiring as well. If you want the standard cluster, sell your Rallye frame off and get a standard frame.

I have an A body rallye cluster and access to a ‘68 rallye cluster frame. I didn’t hear you say it won’t fit/work, but it sounds like i would need to purchase a rallye cluster harness. Is that correct?
If so, any idea of the cost involved for a rallye cluster harness?
TY

You could modify the harness, depending on the cluster connectors. My old 67 eg used the inline connectors, most the newer stuff I think uses the keyed circular connectors. My connector pins were so bad I soldered pigtails to the PC board traces and used Molex connectors instead.

I'm not speaking of specific cluster type, only generally

My low dollar backyard fix:

67clusterrepair-jpg.jpg

I have an A body rallye cluster and access to a ‘68 rallye cluster frame. I didn’t hear you say it won’t fit/work, but it sounds like i would need to purchase a rallye cluster harness. Is that correct?
If so, any idea of the cost involved for a rallye cluster harness?
TY
It will work you will have to weld up the key hole 67 to 69 key is in the dashframe70 up in steering column

You could modify the harness, depending on the cluster connectors. My old 67 eg used the inline connectors, most the newer stuff I think uses the keyed circular connectors. My connector pins were so bad I soldered pigtails to the PC board traces and used Molex connectors instead.

I'm not speaking of specific cluster type, only generally

Gotcha
Thank you!

It will work you will have to weld up the key hole 67 to 69 key is in the dashframe70 up in steering column

Ahhh, that make sense. Something I didn’t give thought to. I have an old rallye dash harness, but was advised I’d be better off to buy new. A 45+ yo harness doesn’t seem worth the gamble.
Thank you!

i have a 68 dash frame i was thinking about using. i love the wrap around dash pad. if i do use it i was thinking about getting one of the retrosound radios and an indash usb/3.5 port to put in the starter key hole to plug that up.

s-l1600.jpg

seems the rallye harness is kinda scarce. you can buy a repop for 500+ bucks. i heard stuff about those so i plunged off the deep end and bought a NOS rallye harness. it was 980.00 with shipping but it seems original parts is the only way to go for me. anything aftermarket ive bought is garbage. i probably bought the last NOS 1970 harness on earth though. few and far between.

NOS harness is still 50+ year old wiring. M&H sells thru Year One and is an exact match and cheaper. Hope it works out for you.
seems the rallye harness is kinda scarce. you can buy a repop for 500+ bucks. i heard stuff about those so i plunged off the deep end and bought a NOS rallye harness. it was 980.00 with shipping but it seems original parts is the only way to go for me. anything aftermarket ive bought is garbage. i probably bought the last NOS 1970 harness on earth though. few and far between.

I sure can relate to your after market statement!
I was told the person that makes the wiring harness for Year One puts out a good product.
What kind and color car do you have?

-
Back