a-body dics brakes

-

22dog22

Reaction score
HI , I SEE THERE IS AN ADAPTOR TYPE PLATE YOU CAN BUY TO CHANGE OVER FROM DRUM BRAKES TO DISC, BARKES, HAS ANY ONE USED ANY OF THESE AND IF SO WHICH IS THE MOST COST EFF. UNITS.?:glasses1:

Okay...Um, do you mean an adapter off your stock drum spindle/control arms to make use of another make/model's disc brake set-up? I'm a little confused to be honest man...

I believe that there was a kit in a mopar muscle magazine that would bolt on the factory drum brake spindle. It came with calipers and the lines etc. for about 575. Of course that was about 2 years ago when I was looking at the swap. I believe that it used GM calipers, but I am not sure because I found a 75 4 door to snag them off of

I think he thinking about the "Scarebird" setup. I am not sure how good this works either, would like to hear more from someone who has used the setup. I believe you keep the small bolt pattern.

Front or rear brakes?

i have the AR engineering adapter plates for Viper calipers on the front

I made adapter plates for the 8 3/4 using Ford mustang rear brakes with a useful parking brake.

probably cheaper and easier to find a rested 73 74 75 dart in a wrecking yard. i did. 4 door /6 car
hi read you note, i was told that the front disc. brake set up from a 73,74,75 dodge dart will not fit onto the front crosmember of my 69 plymouth baracuda,??

It will fit, you need to grab the spindles and the upper control arms, along with the rest of the disc brake parts, and the proportioning valve.

-
Back