A -Body door window regulators

-

duelingcudas

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the left and right side door window regulators on the 1965 Barracudas are interchangeable? The parts book only shows a single part number

The window regulators on my post doors are not interchangeable so I’m guessing they’re not on the Barracuda.

One part will end in even number and the opposite side usually is an odd number. 67-9 cuda regulators are side specific

One part will end in even number and the opposite side usually is an odd number. 67-9 cuda regulators are side specific
Are the part numbers on the regulators? The parts book only lists 23-39-5

I would have thought so. One has an M24 stamped on an arm and the other has an M35. I can not find an actual part number. Otherwise they look identical. Any way to tell which side is "even" and which is "odd"?

That 23-39-5. Is a reference number. Meaning go to section 23 of the parts breakdown/listing. The section may start with numbers 23-1-1 and gives a further breakdown by "name" and part #. Sounds like you have a factory parts manual? You just need to figure out how to use it(no offense)
Are the part numbers on the regulators? The parts book only lists 23-39-5

I would have thought so. One has an M24 stamped on an arm and the other has an M35. I can not find an actual part number. Otherwise they look identical. Any way to tell which side is "even" and which is "odd"?

That 23-39-5. Is a reference number. Meaning go to section 23 of the parts breakdown/listing. The section may start with numbers 23-1-1 and gives a further breakdown by "name" and part #. Sounds like you have a factory parts manual? You just need to figure out how to use it(no offense)
No offense taken. It has been a long, long time since I navigated the parts manual. But the actual P/N does not specify which side is "even" and which side is "odd", and I could find neither stamped on the parts, only an "M 24" and an "M 35", and neither is an actual P/N.

You gotta dig further in parts manual. Once u find that section it will make sense.
No offense taken. It has been a long, long time since I navigated the parts manual. But the actual P/N does not specify which side is "even" and which side is "odd", and I could find neither stamped on the parts, only an "M 24" and an "M 35", and neither is an actual P/N.

I know very little about early A bodies (I know a lot about 67 and up), but I will tell you that there is NO way that left and right door window regulators could POSSIBLY be the same.

Yes, there are RH's and LH's. 2299560 is the RH, and 2299561 is the LH. If you get them side by side, you'll see that the assist spring is wound opposite ways and the stop adjustment is offset to opposite sides too. Also, the gear is offset slightly to one side (which would limit movement) and the mounting bracket is at an angle, which is a mirror image of the other side.

Last edited:
Yes, there are RH's and LH's. 2299560 is the RH, and 2299561 is the LH. If you get them side by side, you'll see that the assist spring is wound opposite ways and the stop adjustment is offset to opposite sides too. Also, the gear is offset slightly to one side (which would limit movement) and the mounting bracket is at an angle, which is a mirror image of the other side.

Of course, the spring winding. Obvious, my dear Watson, Thank you.

-
Back