a body front setting ON THE GROUND

-

Dart 67 sedan

Reaction score
  • I recently brought a67 dart project. It was set up for a big block. 2x3 frame strange rear narrowed 4 link ; fuel cell disc brakes were in the car. K member removed and replaced with so;id frame and mustang 2 steering. Nothing else. I put in fire wall floors panels and windows. the problem I'm having is no springs or torque bar on the front end and it sets solid on the ground with 0 travel. What is the answer to get travel? I'm guessing coil overs. this my first build of this kind. Or Am I missing something ? Any thoughts or suggestions would help greatly. Thanks

Without some pictures, it's anybody's guess. Coil overs, I would GUESS, but you have the car, not us and no pictures have been provided.

IMG_1544.jpeg

Adding coil over suspension to a chassis that wasn't designed for it will be an aftermarket/i.e. after your money task. What our a-body has beneath the inner fenders is barely enough to support a shock absorber. I've seen pics of some of what is available. They attempt to find rigidity at a-pillars which has the weight of the doors on opposite sides. I can imagine issues with door alignment at some point in the future. Good luck with whatever route you take.

-
Back