A body headers

-

44o gts dart

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to run these headers on a 440 69 dart gts without any mods ?
7396971E-9B46-4125-B14D-7B747AD5F570.png

The headers of my dreams lol. Who told you they might fit an A-body???
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy as a pig in sh*t if they did!

"without any mods", dream big my man! One word, NO. They will NOT fit without major modifications, we tried them on a 71 Demon we built with a 440 per a set of plans Chrysler had to get back into NHRA racing, the passenger side fit with minor mods, the drivers side no way! We had to cut them to pieces and modify at least three tubes that I remember...

71 Mr Norms Demon NHRA stock.jpg

"without any mods", dream big my man! One word, NO. They will NOT fit without major modifications, we tried them on a 71 Demon we built with a 440 per a set of plans Chrysler had to get back into NHRA racing, the passenger side fit with minor mods, the drivers side no way! We had to cut them to pieces and modify at least three tubes that I remember...

View attachment 1715972957
That’s what I was afraid of,,, oh well…. I love that demon from gsd … I remember when they revealed it,,, woulda been a real fast street car..you own it ?

That’s what I was afraid of,,, oh well…. I love that demon from gsd … I remember when they revealed it,,, woulda been a real fast street car..you own it ?
No, I worked for Mr. Norms Garage when we built it, belonged to a friend and his son as a street car, they were pleasantly surprised when we finished it to say the least! It belongs in a collection in Tennessee now.

No, I worked for Mr. Norms Garage when we built it, belonged to a friend and his son as a street car, they were pleasantly surprised when we finished it to say the least! It belongs in a collection in Tennessee now.
Wow,,,, a dream job!!! Do you know Larry Weiner then,, my dart came from gsd in 1969

Wow,,,, a dream job!!! Do you know Larry Weiner then,, my dart came from gsd in 1969
I worked with Larry the entire time, still do! I went through the Norms paperwork when Larry had it, most of it has been sold off now. I still wish there were 1986 paperwork but like Chrysler, is was lost in a fire...

I worked with Larry the entire time, still do! I went through the Norms paperwork when Larry had it, most of it has been sold off now. I still wish there were 1986 paperwork but like Chrysler, is was lost in a fire...
Cool,, I worked with Larry a couple times on trying to find some paperwork on my m code dart from Gsd ,, seemed like a great guy.. I got way lucky and found original owners of my car, and it is soooo fun sharing info..they are about as enthusiastic as me about seeing .progress on car. You sound like a lucky guy

Cool,, I worked with Larry a couple times on trying to find some paperwork on my m code dart from Gsd ,, seemed like a great guy.. I got way lucky and found original owners of my car, and it is soooo fun sharing info..they are about as enthusiastic as me about seeing .progress on car. You sound like a lucky guy
Of course I meant to say 1968, fingers are dyslexic...LOL. I am trying to find a GSD M-Code now, been missing for 30 years now in Wisconsin. LS23M9B245543 in B3 blue if you know of it...

Of course I meant to say 1968, fingers are dyslexic...LOL. I am trying to find a GSD M-Code now, been missing for 30 years now in Wisconsin. LS23M9B245543 in B3 blue if you know of it...
my typing is the same…
Not right off hand,, but I know of a few in Minnesota, I am not sure of colors… I will see what I can find… where you located? My name is Don btw

Having talked about this topic more than I ever expected over a set of headers for a car my advice is make the search engine your friend for this one. There is a wealth of information on here about B/RB motors in an A body with headers..... Probably more than you would expect to see....

JW

my typing is the same…
Not right off hand,, but I know of a few in Minnesota, I am not sure of colors… I will see what I can find… where you located? My name is Don btw
I am in Rockford, Illinois but transport muscle cars for a living, so I am everywhere...

Having talked about this topic more than I ever expected over a set of headers for a car my advice is make the search engine your friend for this one. There is a wealth of information on here about B/RB motors in an A body with headers..... Probably more than you would expect to see....

JW
I am in Rockford, Illinois but transport muscle cars for a living, so I am everywhere...
Oops,,, I got in trouble by hall monitor, I will keep an eye out for your car

Searching is great, I have done it extensively. However I always start new threads like it or not. For example 6 months ago when I bought my Schumachers on the first new run, had I simply relied on searching they would have still been out of business as far as the old threads 'knew'. Searching is dated/archived info which is great, but there are always new insights. I have also witnessed forums die without constant new threads, even if they are a little redundant, the Corral Ford sight comes to mind.

Not a hall monitor. Just trying to help you out by alerting you there is alot on info on the topic.

Do your thing guy.....np sir,,, sometimes it just get to rambling and always ready to meet new people and don’t know when to quit.. probably sounds like I need 1 3/4 tubes under chassis of some sort,,, not a real high horsepower 440, I will check with my builder… I just wanted some expert opinion

JW

Searching is great, I have done it extensively. However I always start new threads like it or not. For example 6 months ago when I bought my Schumachers on the first new run, had I simply relied on searching they would have still been out of business as far as the old threads 'knew'. Searching is dated/archived info which is great, but there are always new insights. I have also witnessed forums die without constant new threads, even if they are a little redundant, the Corral Ford sight comes to mind.
Bigblockdart comes to mind. A lot of questions unanswered because “read the tech pages” or “use the search button”. Why else are we on here? I’m definitely not here to talk about the weather or politics.

Last edited:
-
Back