A Body Hood Hinge

-
Can they be removed without takin off fenders?
Yes, but not easily. As Moparparts said, remove the rear splash shield and then figure out a good clip removal tool.....screw driver, pry bar, needle nose, cotter pin tool, etc. Hit the clips with some WD40 and try to work them off without breaking them. There usually is a bunch of dumdum seam filler stuff around the post(s) so you may have to dig that out of the way first.

thanks guys but how hard is it to reinstall the clips lol?

Installing them isn't as bad. They're a one-way clip and they slide on fairly easily. I usually use a socket the correct diameter and push or pry against that to install them.

thanks guys but how hard is it to reinstall the clips lol?

I have used a piece of bent up 1 1/2" wide flat bar with a 11/16" hole drilled in one end. Use painters tape to tape the clip to the bar centered over the hole. Reach in and lever the clip on over the pin then pull the bar off. I have the other end of the bar ground down to slip the clip off the pin and remove the hinge. Not my idea but a body shop buddy at the MOPAR dealership from years ago. dan

Well I finish rebuilding them and what a difference. Now I am thinking of different ways to hold them on the pins those push clips seem cheesey.

-
Back