A Body Hood Pins for fiberglass hood

-

Rover125

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be placing a fiberglass hood on my 69 Dart. Many companies offer them for sale including AAR Fiberglass where I will be purchasing the hood. Any one recommend a good brand / company that you have used with good results. i.e. won’t rust, looks like the originals. Also. Did Dodge have the lanyards have them attached or just use the pins. Thanks

The Mopar Performance (Mancini Racing)factory ones are my choice . These are over 10 years old.
The make several difference lengths of lanyards. Had them on mine that attached to the grille radiator support.
After the car was painted I left them off. I started using the round clip over pins too

IMG_2953.jpg

there are stainless steel versions of the factory pins and bezels available,

look at toolman mike's 5th picture. The pins are located with a dimple where his pins are so you just drill out the dimple and it locates the pin in the correct location for the hole in the hood frame. Even the little hole to hold the lanyard should be predrilled where his lanyard is attached.

If you don't use the lanyards (and I don’t on my avatar), be sure to have a system that works for you to reinstall the clips before you drive off after having the hood open. I put the clips on the driver floorpan so I have to see/step on them when I get in the car. That's my reminder to reinstall them first! Don't ask me why I had to come up with this! :BangHead:

20221105_163811.jpg

Thanks Goldust1971 for the red x. And as usual no explanation why.

-
Back