Not open for further replies.

j_anderson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking to add an inside hood release to my 72 Dart. I already have the cable but would take the whole set up if you've got one. Cable, cable handle dash frame bracket, hood latch, bolts and any other brackets and clips that make it all work.

Bonus points if you can take photos showing how each piece is mounted before removing it.

Thanks in advance

I don’t think this one will work for swinger. The latch would need to be turned with the cable pointing to the passenger side in order to bolt it in. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong though?

I don’t think this one will work for swinger. The latch would need to be turned with the cable pointing to the passenger side in order to bolt it in. Maybe I’m looking at it wrong though?
No, the cable exits the drivers side of the latch.

No, the cable exits the drivers side of the latch.
What I meant was, this latch is mounted 180 degrees to how my swinger latch is mounted. Mine is flat side/flange facing away from the engine. If I were to try to mount it in my swinger I would have to flip the latch 180 degrees which would make the cable exit the passenger side.

I am struggling with the same issue in my 70 Dart. I bought a later model set up and turns out the latch is 180 degrees out! I am pondering installing the latch the other way around using some fat washer type shims to see if I can get the latch opening to line up with the U shaped piece on the hood. Somebody here must have solved this problem already!!!

I am struggling with the same issue in my 70 Dart. I bought a later model set up and turns out the latch is 180 degrees out! I am pondering installing the latch the other way around using some fat washer type shims to see if I can get the latch opening to line up with the U shaped piece on the hood. Somebody here must have solved this problem already!!!
The latch is the missing piece

My thought was to use some longer bolts and steel sleeves/spacers that are the thickness of the latch body but I don’t know if it’ll line up with the hood catch

FYI,the the bracket that attaches to the hood latch support is different between a Duster and a Dart/Demon

Hood release cable 008.JPG

Hood release cable 004.JPG

Hood release cable 007.JPG

I seem to remember people using cable releases from M bodies (Diplomat/Fifth Ave) on '72s.

Was I high?

I used a 71-4 B body latch. Pretty easy to find. I have more so PM me if interested. I also mounted the cable in a different not so easy to see spot and routed it with the front harness.
I've had a couple of the 73-up ones in the past and they looked like the one that Dust44d shows.

20230418_142943.jpg

20230418_143014.jpg

20230418_143433.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back