[Found!] A body leaf spring hangers and bolts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I have some from a 68 Barracuda, still attached to leaf springs.
I can check and let you know later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks (both)! My hanger brackets are rusted and the bolt through the spring would have to be cut off.. I can replace the 4 studs in your brackets, if need be, but looking for something pretty clean/rust free to start with. So.. PM me with your price and PayPal ID. shipping to 83860.

What size bolt? What is the bolt head size on your parts now?

I have some front ones that are very clean depending on bolt size.

The front mounting plates are also available new at mancini...

You need to be aware that there are two different bolts for the front of the leaf springs. Slant 6 cars had a 1/2" diameter bolt, the v-8 cars got a 5/8" diameter bolt.

See what the bushing in the front of your leaf spring has and match that...

Front / Rear Spring Bracket

Front Spring Eye Bolt Set

Slant 6 cars had a 1/2" diameter bolt, the v-8 cars got a 5/8" diameter bolt.

That's not correct. I've had a lot of cars here and parted out. Never had a /6 car and I have 5 sets of 1/2" through hole hangers. V8 cars got the 1/2 bolt hanger often.

That's not correct. I've had a lot of cars here and parted out. Never had a /6 car and I have 5 sets of 1/2" through hole hangers. V8 cars got the 1/2 bolt hanger often.

I think it's platform specific. I just did a Valaint that was originally a slant and it had a 1/2" bolt for the front hanger. The SS springs we used had a 5/8 bushing. We had to drill out the holes in the mounting bracket and get a 5/8" bolt at a hardware store for it...

the 68 Plymouth service manual also lists the slant 6 cars with a 1/2" bolt and v-8 with 5/8"...

68 Spring Tork speks.jpg

68 Spring Tork speks B.jpg

V8 cars got 1/2 bolts... regardless of what the service manual says. In fact, the 71 v8 Duster and Dart I'm parting out, both have 1/2" bolts. Go figure.

They might have been called to have 5/8", not all got them. Torn apart v8 cars from 68-75 and there is absolutely no consistency, other than being inconsistent.

Both of my '71 Dart GT's are factory 318 cars, both had 1/2" spring eye bolts.

V8 cars got 1/2 bolts... regardless of what the service manual says. In fact, the 71 v8 Duster and Dart I'm parting out, both have 1/2" bolts. Go figure.

They might have been called to have 5/8", not all got them. Torn apart v8 cars from 68-75 and there is absolutely no consistency, other than being inconsistent.

I've had many Barracudas with 5/8" bolts, a 71 Valiant 318 car with 5/8" bolts..

I've had many Barracudas with 5/8" bolts, a 71 Valiant 318 car with 5/8" bolts..

Right, most aftermarket springs, even most of the Mopar performance springs that have all of the proper stamped numbers, have 5/8 bolts. So just because there are 5/8" spring eye bolts on a car doesn't necessarily mean it came that way from the factory, it could just mean the springs were upgraded at some point. Only one of my cars still uses 1/2" bolts. Unless you know the full history of the car it would be very difficult to prove that it came with 5/8" bolts, it's not like they're called out in the build sheet. Both of my '71's have 318's and 1/2" bolts, one built in Windsor, the other one in Los Angeles, and both had 8 3/4" rear axles.

Right, most aftermarket springs, even most of the Mopar performance springs that have all of the proper stamped numbers, have 5/8 bolts. So just because there are 5/8" spring eye bolts on a car doesn't necessarily mean it came that way from the factory, it could just mean the springs were upgraded at some point. Only one of my cars still uses 1/2" bolts. Unless you know the full history of the car it would be very difficult to prove that it came with 5/8" bolts, it's not like they're called out in the build sheet. Both of my '71's have 318's and 1/2" bolts, one built in Windsor, the other one in Los Angeles, and both had 8 3/4" rear axles.

There may also have been times where they ran out of stock on one of the hangers and they substituted the other bolt size hangers to keep the plant going...

There are two part numbers for hangers and bolts for 67-69.

For 70 - 72 there is ONE part number for each.

The cars came with both and the decider is NOT whether it has a v8 or /6. It's not that hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back