-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonydust

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
In case you're wondering, I would love to pick up a pair of nice/used/reasonably priced lower control arms with sway bar tabs for my 1974 318 Duster/Twister "clone". FYI: A Twister's supposed to have a sway bar anyway .... good thing nobody's been lookin' underneath the beast !!! LOL Seriously, if anyone has a pair to sell at a fair price, or has a good lead, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch !!! Mr. Tony

Why haven't you looked here in the for sale section of the forum? :dontknow:

3 different sellers currently have them up for sale.
Take your pick.

I had a pair for sale too, but a member purchased mine, last week.

Or you could buy a pair from Hotchkis and weld them on your self.

Attachments

• late_mopar_control_arm_bracketproducts496promo_pic.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 171
Whoever you are, thanks for the Hotchkis "hot tip" on the tabs. I did not know that this option existed and will definitely be pursuing it. Thanks a bunch man !!!!! Tony

They don't list them on their website, I called them and asked if they were available separately. They are the same ones that they include in their sway bar setup so if you order a sway bar from them they are included. I bought them separately. I don't remember exactly how much they cost, I want to say that they were around 50 shipped. Just FYI they are slightly different. The originals have a slight angle where the end links bolt up to and the new tabs are square (look close at pictures and you'll see) I downloaded the a body instructions for their sway bar, it's got some good pictures. If you don't have a welder I know that there's a few members on here that take original tabbed lca's and rebuild them with new bushings so that might be the way to go. I'm not trying to take business away from the other guys just giving you another option. Also if you plan on powder coating them you don't want bushings in the lca's. The powder coater's oven will get up to 400 degrees so it will burn any plastic or rubber.

If you're going to do some welding on the lower arms, may as well buy the reinforce plates for the bottom and weld those on too. Those will go on after the tabs so you know where the plates are to be notched a little at the tab locations.
Best plan,,, Cleaning, welding, bushing and pin install, then final clean up and paint.

I have a complete sway bar setup still on the front of a 74 Dart Sport, if you're interested! Ill be removing them tomorrow!! My prices have been known to be very fair! Message back if you're interested, Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back