A body newb. Need help on value of dart I am negotiating on.

-

camuchi

Reaction score
I Am looking at a 1967 dart gt convertible fs locally. It is the 225 automatic and has not run in 5 yrs. Has rust in trunk floor . leading edge of hood and trailing edge of trunk, also 2"dia rust thru under windshield one spot drivers side. Rest of car is solid bottom of quarters, doors fenders, floor pans - solid. Needs top for sure. And windshield.

What do you think a fair price is.

thanks for the help.

camuchi, I noticed you didn't get an answer or a proper welcome to FABO, so WELCOME ABOARD!! :)

It's difficult for anyone to give you a price, sight unseen, and with no pictures. Also, it really depends what part of the country the car is located, since price vary greatly from region to region. Let us know where you are located, and where the vehicle is located, and we might be of more assistance.

That sounds like a $500.00 to $1,500.00 car to me but I have to tell you. You would be better off and money ahead to buy a driver that fits the vision you have in mind instead of a project car. Lots of great deals out there and coming up.

Ditto zhandfull. Unless you know what yer doing and have a bunch of cash, find something better. No car is hopeless, but sounds to me you oughtta keep shopping.

The hood and trunk lid are easy to replace. Trunk rust is common. The windshield rust could be fairly expensive, but if the rest of the car is solid, it shouldn't be a horrible car to pick up. It's pretty unusual to find one with rust in the trunk and not in the quarters. Climb all over and under that thing to make sure the rust isn't hiding under paint and Bondo.

Convertible prices can be all over the place. It's hard to venture a guess what it's "worth". I guess that depends on how much you're willing to put into it overall in order to build the car you want. 67s are usually cheaper to buy because the demand isn't as high for them. By the same token, that means if you go to sell it, it won't draw as high of a price as a 68. I bought my 67 because I felt I got a good deal on it. I would have rather had a 68.

I say, if it's cheap enough, buy it. It sounds like it could be a good project. Hopefully most of the convertible specific pieces are still there and in decent condition.

Picture%2520004small.jpg

Hey , Thanks for the responses

I could have gotten it for $2000, I was there with the money and the trailer and decided it was not for me. After what one member had pm'd me with a range of $800 to $1500 for similar cars in california it got me worried. It would have been my first mopar muscle car, I have a 69 camaro that we have owned since 1970 that I am doing right now and the price of the convertible GT got me fired up! My plan was to get the 225 running and drive it for kicks while I finished the camaro and then do the dodge. But it needed more attention than I could give it.

Probably for the best, the car was the young mans grandpas, he was closing up the auto shop and selling/cleaning out the building, he will be keeping the car, right where grandpa would lhave liked it to be!

Anyway I have learned alot about the a bodies and they look like a great way to get into a muscle car w/out having to mortgage the house. With five kids in the wings I can see an A body in our future.

BTW- I am not a camaro snob, I love all the old iron, just fortunate that my dad bought one in 1970, i grew up loving it. The way people are acting now about Camaro's is crazy. Ruining a lot of good cars and driving regular people out of the hobby. my .02
-Matt

-
Back