A body on a modern car ?

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
I've seen one guy put a duster on a Corvette . I've seen lots people put LS engines in A body's

Wondering has anyone put a A body on let's say a dodge neon ? Or even K car like 2.2 turbo charger cars ?

I have a AmaZing duster body car , but floor and all rails and anything under car is long rotten away . Crossed my mind to put the body on another car.

Anyone dumb enough to do this yet ?

Too small. Those cars were spot welded and stamped together.
Better off clipping the front and 4 link or irs the rear.

I'm toying with the idea on a 68 2dr post with a totally rotten floor .
One of our members has been putting old truck body's on wrecked modern truck frames/interior/electronics/suspension .
I'm sorta thinking along same line .

One of our members has been putting old truck body's on wrecked modern truck frames/interior/electronics/suspension .
I was thinking of a 80s Dakota too or 80s k Turbo cars . Back end
Too small. Those cars were spot welded and stamped together.
Better off clipping the front and 4 link or irs the rear.
ack if doesn't matter on front wheel drive cars and even if I used a Dakota the drive shaft can be cut . I like idea if a truck as it has a full frame to really sturdy up a shell

Maybe even up to 2002 Sebring or something ? Looking to use the nice duster body and still kinda make a 4cyl car for my kid .

I've been looking at a Mazda P/U all boxed frame for under a Metropolitan I've been dragging around 40 yrs .
Sunday aft wheelstander .
Very stout frame, check it out .

When i look at body swaps, the thing that seems to give it away is the wheels. Put some steelies with custom backspacing in the budget to really sell the look...

$0.02

The Neon has a 108" wheelbase, not sure about the other dimensions.

Alan
Done care about wheelbase as like said on front wheel drive car the back is just dragging behind and has brakes on it . Lookin for how wide front track is more than anything . Or do I have that wrong ? Isn't wheelbase center of front wheel to center of back ?

Who is doing the old truck bodys on a modern frame?
I would like to put my 59 Power Giant, Power Wagon on my 2000 Ram 4x4 extended cab frame with the 5.9 magnum auto.

When i look at body swaps, the thing that seems to give it away is the wheels. Put some steelies with custom backspacing in the budget to really sell the look...

$0.02
Yeah wheel choice is such a end of build idea but I get what you mean . Choosing the closest car to a duster length wise isn't as important as one with same or smaller front wheel track. I'm looking at neons , Sebrings and 90s Dakotas . A truck frame would be amazing to attach too . And can lower front of if those trucks prettt easily

Wondering has anyone put a A body on let's say a dodge neon ? Or even K car like 2.2 turbo charger cars ?
Uhhh......

1 huh 1.gif

Late model Challenger structures have been reskinned as 68-70 Chargers but ......

1 huh 02.png

There were no performance V8 cars built in the last 40 years with a 108-111" wheelbase.

1 huhuhu.jpg

Maybe try less of this:

Beer.jpg

1 laugh 1.jpg

Duster on a modern Challenger chassis…

Morphed
It seen it - I mean it be cool but would never fit . And so much tech to stuff in the car as well . I'm thinking smaller 4cyl front wheel drive cars . A neon or Sebring are my top choice ideas right now.

I don't want to put it on full so: v8 car or eve r s real wheel drive car . A small / Tiny 4 cyl car with great gas millage. Like I'd leave the donor car floor near t all in tact , leave firewall and dash all that as neon just have it body cut down to nothing to accept a duster on top of it.

View attachment 1716076042

Late model Challenger structures have been reskinned as 68-70 Chargers but ......

View attachment 1716076043

There were no performance V8 cars built in the last 40 years with a 108-111" wheelbase.

View attachment 1716076044

Maybe try less of this:

View attachment 1716076045

View attachment 1716076046

You should probably consider just how unsafe this contraption is likely to be before putting Your Child in it. What You propose is much more involved than just managing to get the body on there. Unibodies are engineered integral structures(tho' imperfect sometimes), torque management, torsional stress, & most importantly impact management are going to be altered substantially. A cool-looking death-trap that gets worse fuel economy than the base platform isn't worth it IMO.

Get the efficient car of Your choice, then get one of these vinyl wrap companies to make You a Duster wrap & cruise.

Some truth to that , and I am considering it all. The unibody's of 70s were garbage as they were you could call in safe. But car with all wheel power and disk brakes alone makes insane more safe . Also I'd have a room cage in it . Also it's just a project thought it a daily . But weird fun project to use this duster body instead of guy cutting it up soon. I was just wondering if a tint had done something like this before . Or front end / front wheel drive swap of a Abody at all . Seems like that's a no lol

You should probably consider just how unsafe this contraption is likely to be before putting Your Child in it. What You propose is much more involved than just managing to get the body on there. Unibodies are engineered integral structures(tho' imperfect sometimes), torque management, torsional stress, & most importantly impact management are going to be altered substantially. A cool-looking death-trap that gets worse fuel economy than the base platform isn't worth it IMO.
Anything we'd come up with would be waaaaaay safer than a stock 1965 mustang or a 1970 stock duster. But yeah also not as nearly as safe as 2023 Volvo lol. Power abs 4 wheel disk brakes , and a roll cage and a floor and seats mounted better than most any car now and a harness . It be pretty damn safe lol .

Uhhh......

View attachment 1716076042

View attachment 1716076043

View attachment 1716076044

Maybe try less of this:

View attachment 1716076045

View attachment 1716076046

It seen it - I mean it be cool but would never fit . And so much tech to stuff in the car as well . I'm thinking smaller 4cyl front wheel drive cars . A neon or Sebring are my top choice ideas right now.

Uhh, looks like it fit to me. He didn’t finish, but the hardest stuff was done before the thread died. Fit better than I thought it would for sure

Morphed

my wife used to have a 08 charger, AWD
not the faster car ever, but great in the snow

that thing would look awesome with a duster body on it

-
Back