A-Body Production Numbers

-

CornDog

Reaction score
I have seen many times where someone will post figures and percentages of production numbers. I was wondering where I could find this information. I recently posted pictures of a 71 340 Demon that was Butterscotch in color. Someone mentioned that there was 800 or so build a"nd only 8+% came in that color.... where can I find this info? Thanks!

Justin
"CornDog"

Your best and most solid info will be from Galen Govier.Go to Yahoo and put in GTS or Galins Tag Service.I don't think you can actully find out how many were made in one color.Maybe how many are that color in the registry.
Jim

Your best and most solid info will be from Galen Govier. Jim

Sorry but I have to disagree. Having owned several E-bodies I have found Galen to be very uncaring lately and his services take forever!

With that being said, I have found someone who knows as much if not more than Galen and has a wonderful personality and is 100 times more detail oriented than him. He has been taking over doing alot of technical seminars that Galen used to do and people are taking notice. Plus he is a REAL nice guy and a pleasure to work with.

His name is Dave Wise and his company is Mopar Muscle Consulting or MMC. Here is a link to his website:

http://www.mmcdetroit.com/

look in the tech section ...there is a thread in there for high impact colors.

I got all my info for the "High Impact" colors from "Chrysler Power" magazine, published Sept. 1990. It's a 3 page article and J.H.O (John) Sloan is given credit for supplying the info to the magazine.
I also did get some info from the "Chrysler Historical Society", but it is costly and very specific, they don't give you any extra info.

Alot of the info got lost (destroyed) in the early '70's, therefore the info is not 100% accurate, but that's as close as it's going to get.

To the best of my knowledge, Galen Govier uses the same chart for "High Impact" colors.

Most info is found in books, so buy lot's of books, ask questions here, as someone likely already has the book with the answer you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Having owned several E-bodies I have found Galen to be very uncaring lately and his services take forever!

If I recall correctly, I think I read somewhere that Galen had health problems in the family, his wife, IIRC.

If I recall correctly, I think I read somewhere that Galen had health problems in the family, his wife, IIRC.

I have my own feelings re: Galen and his services but to confirm the above, his wife did pass away either late last year or early this year. There hasn't been much activity in his camp since then.

he also lost his brother as well. he has had to cut back apperances. his wife helped him along in the business as well. he is still doing the work, it does take a while but he will do it. 3-5 months is about average as his workload is very heavy.....opinions vary on him but i have nothing bad to say of him as his service would be missed........

Galins wife did pass away and he is backed up.I have never had any trouble with him.Some people don't like that he charges for some of his services but like everyone else his time is valuable too.Galin has really helped the really Mopar world over the years.I have never heard of Dave Wise.I hope Dave will be another great person to go for help.I will be checking out Daves web site also.Hopefully Dave will be a legit person to help us document our Mopars as well.
Jim

Galins wife did pass away and he is backed up.I have never had any trouble with him.Some people don't like that he charges for some of his services but like everyone else his time is valuable too.Galin has really helped the really Mopar world over the years.I have never heard of Dave Wise.I hope Dave will be another great person to go for help.I will be checking out Daves web site also.Hopefully Dave will be a legit person to help us document our Mopars as well.
Jim

Dave is a GREAT stand up kind of guy. He has personally dismantled hundreds of Mopars and has written several (five I believe) restoration manuals. I'm sure Galen has his reasons for his lengthy turn around times and he definately has helped our hobby immensely. I'm just letting others know that there are other options available.

-
Back