A body rack and pinion........

-

cudaboy 67

Reaction score
pal suggested to me the other day "why not convert to rack and pinion steering"??? you can change the ratio on your steering box yet the system still has many moving parts............any thoughts?

They make them for all other body's but not for the A-body's--I would buy one if they where out there-_Swifter

Search around here. There are a few threads on the subject with pictures and good arguments on why/why not. In the end, it's going to be very difficult to find a rack that will fit in your A-body and still give you minimum bumpsteer. There is quite a bit of geometry involved.

I have to agree and I also say that you will be tons happier with some kind of kit or system like street lynx altercation etc..

The geometry must be a bear as nobody has tackled this one yet. I think that a nice manual rack would give great feel in a small block!

K so you want to have 16:1 ratio manual box? With a big block? Gonna be a real bear to park it...

I put the flaming river close ratio in my Duster when I put the 5.7 in,But a power rack and pinion would be sweeeeetttt Steve

-
Back