Not open for further replies.

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Contact seller
Does anyone have the MP A-body spring relocation kit they want to get rid of? Not the offset shackle kit but the kit that relocates the springs under the frame rails. I'm hoping to get it a little cheaper than the $180 Summit or Jegs price. Thanks everyone.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Some body else should start making this kit and selling it for the $50 its really worth.

Just bought a kit from Mancini for about $125. It's a Mopar kit copy. It comes with the boxes, rear shackles and rubber bushings. If you wanted to bend/weld up some boxes i guess you could buy some plate and do that but it would cost me half that to get bent it around here.

I've thought about making a kit. I would think you could get a piece of thin wall rectangle tube with the correct inside measurements and just cut the bottom out to make the proper "U" shape and go from there....

I want to relocate mine on my barracuda but can not see spending over $100 for 10-20$ or less of steel.

And the quality of the MP boxes is about on par for them... CRAP!!!

If you can get someone with a brake to bend a set up, you'd be better off.

How fast do you need them Ken? I have a new/old set of the direct connection ones sitting on a shelf gathering dust somewhere here.

Roger

Roger - No great rush at this point. We're figuring mid January to get the car to the chassis shop. What kind of $$ are you asking for the kit?

Ken

I ordered a kit from the dealer at the end of Sept,backorder since then and was supposed to be in this week.I,ll call monday,if it,s not in?I,m cancelling the order and will be looking here for a kit.If anyone other than Megajolt has one?I,d be interested.Thanks.PM if you have one.

P.S Sorry to jump-in on your thread Physixx.

Once I do mine I will do a step by step with pics if people are interested.

(Ken if you rather not buy the ones I have) D340 or anyone else who wants to make there own I can take pics of the DC ones with measurements if you like.

Once I do mine I will do a step by step with pics if people are interested.

(Ken if you rather not buy the ones I have) D340 or anyone else who wants to make there own I can take pics of the DC ones with measurements if you like.

That would be great if you would do that. I would like to try to make my own and same some money. Thanks for the offer.

Does anyone have the MP A-body spring relocation kit they want to get rid of? Not the offset shackle kit but the kit that relocates the springs under the frame rails. I'm hoping to get it a little cheaper than the $180 Summit or Jegs price. Thanks everyone.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I guess you also have to mini tub to get the benefit of that spring relocation?
Kev

Well my kit isn,t in so I cancelled the order.Megajolt if Ken doesn,t want them,I,m interested for sure.I sent you a PM.If he does want them,then anybody else that has a kit,I,m interested.I,d rather help someone out here before ordering from a company again.No time for making my own,I,ve got 1 week off to finish my minitub,do the spring relocation,frame connectors and pull the motor.Is there time?:clock:Thanks.

I guess you also have to mini tub to get the benefit of that spring relocation?
Kev

Yes mini tubing is needed or your waisting your time with the relocation.

If you don't want to mini tub they make an offset spring kit that gives you all most an inch more of room and does not requier mini tubs.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we have made these kits. They are $139 for the A-body and $119 for the B/E bodies. All prices include free shipping and we have them all IN STOCK.

You'll have to call to order, they aren't on our website yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back