-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy S

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I know its a long shot, but I'm looking for a pair of paintable sport mirrors. I am not interested in chrome. I prefer non-remote, but beggars can't be chosers. Thanks in advance. Keith.

I have a pair of new aftermarkets that I had bought for my Swinger. I decided to stay with the original little chrome ones. $110 shipped for both. PM me if you want pics.

Flmopars, can you send me a pic? I saw some at Carlisle that were way too much money and the glass was loose in the housing. I was told the only way to fix a loose mirror is to break the glass and attempt to tighten the ball joint inside, then pay way too much for a new peice of glass. I just think its crazy to spend the same amount of money on a set of mirrors that I spent on an 8 3/4 rear. I know, supply and demand....

I saw some mirrors on e-bay that are being sold as aftermarket replacements. I think they are calling them NOS replacements. I could be wrong, but there are very similar mirrors at Pep Boys for like $25.00. Has anyone used B or E body mirrors on their A body? Its basically just filling the factory holes and drilling new ones. If anyone has done this and has a picture, please post. Thanks, Keith.

I saw some mirrors on e-bay that are being sold as aftermarket replacements. I think they are calling them NOS replacements. I could be wrong, but there are very similar mirrors at Pep Boys for like $25.00. Has anyone used B or E body mirrors on their A body? Its basically just filling the factory holes and drilling new ones. If anyone has done this and has a picture, please post. Thanks, Keith.

Those aftermarket replacements are $25 Pep Boys mirrors. They are a joke. And that ebay add is scam IMHO. It's just trying to mislead people into thinking those $25 pep boys mirrors are special and that donating to cancer stuff is a bunch of BS to put in an ad. Same ad with the same "last sets" for months if not longer.

You can buy new UNPAINTED primed repro ralley mirrors for $369 from www.moparplus.com So don't pay over half for used ones. Especially if you can't check the operation of the remote and passenger side mirror in person.

You can buy new chrome repro ralley mirrors for $400 from www.moparplus.com It would cost at least $150 to rechrome used mirrors. Then you have to re-attach the cables (very tricky).

Obviously the chrome ones are a better deal, but if you don't need or want them it doesn't matter.

IIRC, I've seen used complete painted style A-body rallye mirror pairs for sale here for under $200, like $150ish. Remember if they are worn chrome or pitted chrome you can just sandblast or sand the chrome, fill the pit with bondo and paint them also.

I have a driver side remote mirror. The chrome is a little fadded but its not at all pitted. All the cables and hardware are in good shape. I would like 125 for it. thanks. I live in south jersey. I will work on pics. I will also send you a pm. Iam also up for trades. Iam looking for a good underdash wiring harness for a 71 swinger without air,a good radio heater control bezel, white door panels.

Here is a picture of the a body sports mirrors. Let me know.

a body painted mirrors.jpg

vans auto is supposedly selling the repop ones for like 150-200. Be careful which year you get as the 70-72,3? are pedestal mount and the later ones are more like the B-E style.
Stay away from the pep-boyz kind... they suck and you cant see a thing in em at 100 mph

With the stock rsport mirrors on my Dart Sport I can see mostly the tops of my 1/4 panels.

The person selling all the new mirrors on Ebag is getting them from the summit catalog. CIPA replacement mirrors

Look for the correct part numbers. Btw: This thread is kinda old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back