a body to f body swaps ??

-

tightwade

1968 dart
Reaction score
has anyone swap a 4 speed 1976 volare to a 1968 a body dart automatic ?? wondering if and what needs to b done before a purchase is made / both have 318 motors , don't know if the pedals will work and also hear that the crank will have to b swap out also which is all good w me / both motors run fine . would appreciate anyones input !!

if both motors run fine, why not swap the driveline as a whole?
drive shaft will need to be addressed (no biggy)
biggest thing will be swapping in the 4 speed hump into the dart
that may need to come from another A body

thanks for the input / i plan on swapping the entire drive train and cutting the hump from f body volare which is a shame because it is the roadrunner edition but i don't think there is much demand out there and parts are hard to come by for a car that is produced for 2 years / so i guess my big concern would b the pedals. k member and torsion bars r all totally different and would luv to use the lower control arms w sway bar but again not sure this would work either

There is a 4 speed swap article out there, I think it was a Steve Dulcich article. Pretty sure he used all f or m body parts to do an A body swap. Pedals should work if I am not mistaken.

Don't think the suspension stuff would work though, torsion bars etc. Some of the disc brake stuff will though.

thanks for the input / i plan on swapping the entire drive train and cutting the hump from f body volare which is a shame because it is the roadrunner edition but i don't think there is much demand out there and parts are hard to come by for a car that is produced for 2 years / so i guess my big concern would b the pedals. k member and torsion bars r all totally different and would luv to use the lower control arms w sway bar but again not sure this would work either
true, the f bodies has a smallish following. if a roller and a good body it is salable but not for any biggish bucks. they bring less than comparable A bodies for sure.sales better if complete. value as always d epend on condition and where you are.
the lower spindles are used for disc brake change over in A bodies if not mistaken. and is discussed in many places. upper a arms not usable. pedals should change over. SB will change over to slant f body k if using schumacker brackets.

if both motors run fine, why not swap the driveline as a whole?
drive shaft will need to be addressed (no biggy)
biggest thing will be swapping in the 4 speed hump into the dart
that may need to come from another A body
Auto 904 to Fbody 833 OD will have the same driveshaft length.

Nothin' like a good hump
thanks everyone for the inputs / i feel a lot better about the purchase now . last thing i wanted to know if i can swap out the PS pump assembly also which the volarie has and the 68 dart does not , being both 318 cu. in. motors I'm sure the brackets and all will swap but have concerned about the steering columns . they have different ignition s witch locations

Oh no, we're talking about humping here too. It's over on the 4 speed forum as well.

Oh no, we're talking about humping here too. It's over on the 4 speed forum as well.[/QUO
IMG_1089.JPG

Well the volare is in the drive and work will soon begine ; really hate to part this roadrunner edition out but going to continue with the plan . body in good condition so if anyone is looking let them know. Going to transplant the P. steering . P.Disc. brakes , rally wheels and complete rear diff. , and of course the 4 speed trany and related parts . ill try and keep updates from time to time .

-
Back