A BODY WINDSHIELD CHROME

-

mopar jimmie

Mopar Jimmie
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE , IM WORKING ON A 67 DART 2 DR SEDAN , IT HAS CHROME WINDOW MOLDING ON THE REAR WINDOW AND THE FRONT HAS THE PLASTIC PUSH IN TRIM . IM TAKING THE WINDSHIELD OUT TO REDO THE DASH AND IM WONDERING IF LATER DART SEDANS HAVE CHROME TRIM LIKE I HAVE ON THE REAR WINDOW . IT WOULD BE NICE TO ADD THE CLIPS AND HAVE CHROME FRONT AND REAR, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND IM WORKING ON A SEDAN ( POST CAR ) NOT A HARD TOP . ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Yes. You can use the later trim if you can find it . You'll need to get the clips too and screw them into the right location.

I wanna say on a dart, 67, be the same as valiants up to 75 maybe?
I know the windshield is sold as fitting both...and I have 2 sets of chrome and clips to do my car twice, but havent yet and it's been a while.

Windshield, gasket, and reveal moldings, from any post car, 2 or 4 door, will work. Hardtop glass is shorter, wont work.
The pics attached are hardtop windshield and B'cuda fastback rear glass layout. If you'll study them you'll find there is no rocket science to clip placement. Avoid curves/corners, a couple inches left and right of trim joints, more or less equally spaced between those. Only issue I had with my 67 is aftermarket clips from ebay were taller than orignial correct clips Chrysler used. I had to grind about 3/32 off their bottoms so the molding would lay right.
Some aftermarket vendors will include 4 shorter clips to be used at the a-pillars. measure the depth of the fence on your 67 to find you need short clips all around.

windshieldClips.JPG

fastbackclippattern.JPG

-
Back