A boys first broken pushrod.... LOL

-
I have a couple extra rockers, and as mentioned, I have the set of pushrods that came with the rockers. They look just short enough that a couple threads would need to come out of the rocker .

The round end that goes the lifter seems to be just a little wider then the too long comp cams rods.

I am thinking I should put it back together with the shorter rods, and set the pre load and look how everything looks... I could take some pics before I fire it up...

so am I! lol

thanks!

Can I set both intake and exhaust rocker at the same time, when the cylinder is on top dead center? Or do I have to spin it, and do each on its own?

Oh I'm done with these monkies.

I'm going to reslove this situation, get whatever I can for myslef from them and move on.

Like I said, I have a set of shorter rods on hand, and/ or will buy new ones.

I will pull the intake and double check the cam and lifters.

If all is good , would I notice more performance if I buy roller rockers?

You'll never notice a power difference. That's not the point. The point of roller rockers is to make wear on the rocker tips, valve tips, valve stems and valve guides almost disappear. As a stock rocker opens the valve, it scrubs across the top of valve tip. This wears the rocker, valve tip and pushes the valve stem against the valve guide. Roller rockers all but eliminate all of that wear.

You'll never notice a power difference. That's not the point. The point of roller rockers is to make wear on the rocker tips, valve tips, valve stems and valve guides almost disappear. As a stock rocker opens the valve, it scrubs across the top of valve tip. This wears the rocker, valve tip and pushes the valve stem against the valve guide. Roller rockers all but eliminate all of that wear.

This is 100% correct. Roller lifters (and the corresponding roller camshaft) on the other hand make a lot more power for a given amount of lift as the cams have a steepre "ramp" and therefore open the valve faster. An additional plus - the problem of wiping out cam lobes goes away.

-
Back