Status
Not open for further replies.

keggy1969

Reaction score
Rating - 80%
4   1   0
Contact seller
I have a 69 /6 with a/c I want to change it to a small block and keep the a/c
i need the bracket , pulley and idlers for the small block and anything i might need for the conversion

Determine what small block you'll use first. The belt configuration, pullies, water pumps, etc.. are not all the same.

1 thought i would put it on my 71 340 in my 69 dart then put in my 69 273
or is that to much messy around i thought there both small block whats the difference

iv got a nice three groove pulley from 73 318..air car..20 plus shipping..already stripped and refinished..j

1 thought i would put it on my 71 340 in my 69 dart then put in my 69 273
or is that to much messy around i thought there both small block whats the difference

I think it was 1973 when the matched set of belts for Alt and A/C appeared.
That would be aluminum water pump with lower port on the right. I'm pretty sure everything about the accesory belt setup is different from the earlier setup. Those had a single belt for the a/c along with some idler pulleys.

'70 and up small blocks run an aluminum water pump with passenger's side lower hose. '69 and earlier run a cast iron water pump with lower hose on driver's side. You have to have a radiator with the correct lower hose location. The pulley offsets are different between early and later small blocks. The '70 up pulleys are reproduced and the '69 and earlier pulleys are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back