-
Status
Not open for further replies.

66ValiantGirl

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy y'all:) I'm looking for a rebuilt or remanufactured ac compressor clutch for a 225ci '66 Plymouth. it sure is toasty here in AZ and I'd love to get my air working:) Thanks!

It's getting tough to find the clutch and pulley assembly for the V2/RV2 compressors any more. The larger-diameter 6-cylinder clutch went away a few years before the smaller-diameter V8 clutch, but both are now gone from the aftermarket any more, including from RockAuto (not sure why people suggest sources that can't provide the part asked about...not real helpful. :shrug:) They do show up from time to time on eBay, and it looks like there's one of the exact ones you need up for auction right now (I've confirmed this is the correct 6-cylinder item in the factory parts catalogue). This linked auction doesn't include the electric coil that goes behind the clutch and pulley; if yours is bad (they usually aren't) you'd need to buy that separately.

The coil and friction plate is what I guess is the problem with my clutch. I called Old Air over in TX and they can rebuild the plate, but not the coil...anyone know who might be able to do that? I've got two clutches that i'm going to take off other engines to try and see if those will get me through the summer, but if those strike out, I'll get in touch with you Mark.
I really appreciate everyone's input, you guys rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back