a/c delete headache

-

Hyperballsmcgee

Reaction score
somebody wanna lend a helping hand here? sold/traded all my A/C and Heater crap to a member here for an 8.25 rear, and now the installation of all the non AC stuff is a pain. I have all the components, pulled them from one of his non a.c. motors myself, but my main pulley doesn't line up with the non-a/c water pump pulley, and the alternator bolt doesn't reach the head. what could've gone wrong? I felt pretty safe pulling directly from one motor to stick directly on another, but it seems that ain't the case... mine is a 340, parts pulled from 318

Attachments

• image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 186
First do all the parts "match."

That is, your engine is late, with the passenger side lower water outlet, and timing marks on driver side?

I don't remember if a 318 dampener is thinner than a 340? Or if the 340 has a cast crank?

You probably have the triangular bracket upside down.

67Dart273 my engine is a 73, not sure what year the 318 is, but the 318 had 3 bolts for the triangle bracket, where as mine has 2.

you have the wrong alt. bracket ...you have the 69 and back one made for a cast iron water pump and it looks like you have the newer style water pump

looks like you have this one now ....which lists as 67-69 with cast iron water pump

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJHwFG1tPDczfBSVMkwry)Q~~60_57.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 160
Good eye, Miss 4 Speed.

all of my pulleys and brackets were pulled from the same motor, the way it sits right now, my water pump and crank line up, but nothing else does, did they change pulleys in 70 as well?

all of my pulleys and brackets were pulled from the same motor, the way it sits right now, my water pump and crank line up, but nothing else does, did they change pulleys in 70 as well?

yes, they did change pulleys in 70 and also the pulleys were different from A/C to non A/C engines.

see my Pulley ID thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=243269

you should have pulley in post #6 for water pump and crank pulley in post #5 ...or post #4 with power steering

A/C had all different brackets, pulleys, and a higher output alt., and PS pulley then Non A/C set ups.

-
Back