A/c on 340 6 pack engine anyone ?

-

hemi446

Reaction score
I want a/c in my car but with the 340 6 pack intake it looks like it's make your own. I have the pulley's, brackets, radiator, shroud, fan off the 273 engine. It uses a 3 groove lower pulley and a single groove water pump pulley. But with the late model sanden compressor it a little longer than the v2 compressor i haven't been able to figure out how to make it work just yet and i don't like those serpentine belt set ups much. I like the car looking like the factory would have done it. And the v2 doesn't like r134 that much and they don't like rpm's much either. Any pictures would be great or ideas thanks very much

Yup - you about summed it all up... You can run the V2 and just cut the air filter to fit. You'll have to deal with the conversion issue but honestly - it's an old car. Insulate it with modern technology (Dynamat, etc) and it will be adequate and a darn sight better than nothing. You can also install a full throttle cutout switch on the clutch wire so if you go full throttle or depress the clutch pedal the AC clutch disengages.

Ok I'm still working on it has anyone used Bouchillon Performance Engineering brackets on a early model small block with or without power steering ? Just asking Thanks for any input.

-
Back