a/c parts keep or not?

-

mod38-1

Reaction score
I have all the underhood a/c parts off my 72 duster sitting around. Do not know if any of it is good and trying to decide if I should keeep it or not? I do not plan on ever putting it back in.

I would keep them if you have the room. I had a Challenger once that I took off all of the A/C components for speed and weight. When I went to sell it,the first question I was asked almost every time was if the car had A/C and if the parts were still on it.I hadnt kept the parts and had sold them all.Made it alot harder to sell. I was really surprised.

I did save everything I pulled from my 69 Cuda and now it just sits in the shed taking up space.Probably gonna take to the scrap yard,tired of tripping over it myself.

Make a list of reasons to keep it. Then make a list of reasons not to.
I dont know which will win.
I do know if the next owner gets that a/c system and makes similar lists of reasons to put that system back on the car versus replace with an aftermarket system, aftermarket wins.

A car with factory AC installed is worth about 20% more at resale time.

I will keep it for now. I was just putting stuff away for winter and got too thinking with all the aftermarket systems available it is just taking up space.

MoparClown, what sort of 69 part are you tripping over? :)
Tom
I have all of the parts from my 69 except the heater valve and the crank pulley(compressor,drier,condenser,lines,brackets and idler pulley)Too heavy to deal with shipping.If anyone has any interest?I will be going to the Stafford Springs CT. swap meet next weekend,make me an offer to convince me to bring it and if I accept I will bring it all and you can pick it up.Heres one container with some of the parts.
Thanks Doug

Attachments

• 000_1761.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 118
-
Back