A/C service manifold

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I picked up a "Yellow Jacket" A/C service manifold cheap, $10...(3 hoses and valves) but it turned out to be for commercial A/C unit. Are the fittings all wrong for Car? I know the gauges are labeled way too high (R407, R410 and R22, 500 and 800 psi) but I have a 134 gauge I can screw in. I think the primary low side fitting is way off but I have R134 one off a can I can clamp on. I grabbed a pump out of a back alley fridge (still pumps) that Im going to make a vacuum pump out of. Itll Suck that system dry!

I'm very interested in learning more. I have yet to install the factory AC on my 65 Dart.

your fittings will be R12 so youll need an old manifold that should not be hard to find at all. Hi and low side with isolation valves, guages and the center tap hose is the vacuum/refill leg. So ideally the vacuum pump should use the same fitting as the adapted R12 can fitting to facilitate vacuuming and refilling the system through the center hose.

Any manifolds I've seen all have same fittings, 1/4 SAE flare, at the manifold. I think you can get hoses with the R134 type fittings on one end, buy you can also (I got got mine) adapters that go from the 1/4 flare hose to the R134 quick connect.

Good to know, so the hoses have the 1/4 flare ends on the hoses or at the manifold? Just need to get some 1/4 flare to R134 or R12 adapters for low side end and put 1/4 flare ends on my vacuum pump? Will look into it.

I was not aware of these "R134" hoses with the O ring. My hoses are same flare both ends, with the flare to R134 adapters, several manf. yellow jacket is one

couplerhose.jpg

So that is just the middle hose end?> I was actually planning on using a side tapper and Dust-off....really! You see, I got a slow leak somewhere and I dont drive the car that often so I dont want to dump $35 twice a season into a leaking system. Lexus SC400 is a PITA to work on as everything is so tight in there. Looking for a leak doesnt sound fun. Im already dreading the "Camshaft valley" starter overhaul Im afraid I have to do soon: New battery, random slow cranking starts. I think its the ring contact that the solenoid contacts.

-
Back