A/C upgrade from donor vehicle question

-

lee g

Reaction score
Was in the local junkyard when I saw a 1980's model chrysler (can't remember which one) with a 318, A/C, power steering, and Denso alternator. It is still a V belt pulley system and not serpentine. I had thought of getting the A/C compressor and bracket, hoses, and denso alternator. What else should I get? It should bolt right up to my 360, right?

Depending on where your thermostat housing is located on the intake . some are centered and some are more to the drivers side

Was in the local junkyard when I saw a 1980's model chrysler (can't remember which one) with a 318, A/C, power steering, and Denso alternator. It is still a V belt pulley system and not serpentine. I had thought of getting the A/C compressor and bracket, hoses, and denso alternator. What else should I get? It should bolt right up to my 360, right?

Condenser, drier, switches and wiring.
You could put a different head unit for inside the car, but it would be nice to have all the controls so you can use or mod them.

I'm not sure you'll have bolt holes in your intake where the compumper braces go.
if you grabbed every pulley, bracket, etc.. it could all bolt on. I might be wrong...
Small differences like dipstick tube angle and length, fuel line routing, How the a/c hoses attach to the vaporator, can be conquered.

Buy the whole car and sell it back when your done because you will never be able to get all the little parts needed and figure out location etc

-
Back