A/C Vent Bezels

-

COdartman

Reaction score
Any tips on removing the chrome a/c vent bezels from the underdash unit on my 70 Dart Swinger. I am hoping to get them out to clean and detail. Thanks for any help!

Dave,

@ 7/16 nuts on the bottom of the vent. If you feel on the bottom of the vent toward the front you will feel 2 deep holes. There are studs on the lower part of the dash that the vent slides up on to and 2 nuts inside the hole.

Thanks for the great tip Sedanman:coffee2: I will check it out this weekend!

Dave,

Getting the vent assembly down from the dash and removing the 3 vents from it are only a beginning but then pretty much the end also.
Even if none of the chrome fins are broken you're going to find they pivot on sewing needle size pins that are captured in such a way that taking them apart will be a nightmare to reassemble. If the chrome isn't terribly pitted you could attempt to polish them while assembled.
The next year models 3 vents were all plastic construction but left bare black because vacuum metalized chrome wasn't going to stay on them.
Good luck with it.

Thanks for the additional info Redfish! I noticed that the later years did transition over to black plastic vents. I will try to clean them up installed in the car. Thanks for the help guys:coffee2:

Dave

-
Back