A car that I built

-

moparmarks

zippindippintie
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I built this car a few years ago and it is going across the block at BJ next week. Funny how they talk about all the hours that "they" put into it. I put most of the hours into it. My friend did the body and paint and I did everything else.
They did change the head lights....
1674403295430.jpeg

1674403370394.jpeg

1674403402352.jpeg

1674403449663.jpeg

1674403535853.jpeg

1674403649457.jpeg

People alway want the credit for things they don't do.

This youtube post the man bragged about how he did all the work installing the Common rail when I first saw the videos. Never thought I would recognize my truck. He ruined it with all the bling. I installed the ramcharger fuel tank in the rear. And all the mods and build was done right here. I liked it way better with the factory look.

1.JPG

2[4].jpg

3[4].jpg

4.JPG

5[3].jpg

8[1].jpg

Can you post a picture of the fender tag?
Well I guess I don't have any pics of the tag because I really suck at taking pictures plus I lost some of my pics.
It was a 318/904/8.75 Sub-Lime rubber front bumper with a white bench seat interior. That was pretty much it. Pretty solid car out of Santa Fe NM needing a roof skin and some small quarter patches.
I called it The Animal.
Along with P/S, E/W and A/C it also has electric cutouts and a line lock. We had Stockton make a pair of 15x12 Rallyes with an 8" back space. Those cost 700.00 for the pair. We also had 18 and 20's for it.
It dynoed at 610HP here at 4600' with a 750 DP. I then put a 950DP on it which woke it up a bit and then I ended up putting twin 625 Eddys which really let it breath. Probably around 800hp when I done getting her dialed in.
1674406497665.jpeg

1674406873005.jpeg

A funny trick to this car is the bigass TTI 2.25 primary headers that they say can't be used with power steering. Took me about 5 hours to make it work but yes it has P/S. The trick is that to change the starter the motor has to be suspended and the k-frame has to be dropped.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Mark.... this kind of thing happens all the time, but it is totally wrong, and it does really hurt a builders feelings, ego, etc. Anyone on this site knows this, but you know who did
the build, and that is what really matters. This car is an exceptional car, and beautiful, so in my opinion, you should be
very proud of your accomplishments! Your friends @ Dodge33 & E7polyhachett.

Wow! "They" did a great job on that car. Well done! And I understand how you feel. I do all my own work with the exception of pin stripping and tire install and balance. My projects come out very nice but are never as good as the check book jobs. It's depressing at times to see people win awards for cars they never turned a wrench on and to be looked over. Your car is FANTASTIC!

I'm not butt hurt over this and actually they don't really say who built it. I would have liked to have my name on this one but no biggie. Is a really fun car to drive. All factory style suspension, no bags or coil overs. Tons of power.
The description is pretty accurate. Guess they don't know what a Tuff wheel is.

Nice car! My work sucks in comparison so I'm usually blaming my work on an unknown previous owner.

-
Back