A case of mistaken identity

-
Every time I think we Mopar guys have it bad I just think of the AMC guys. How many of their cars have been mistaken for ours? The Rambler = Valiant, the Machine = Road Runner?

As a Barracuda owner, (68 notch) and a Rambler owner, (64 Ambassador) I can appreciate this. My Rambler is constantly mistaken for a Chevy II.

The Valiant emblems on my 70 Duster caused all kinds of confusion. And as it turns out, having Duster emblems still doesn't clear things up for some people...
Some of my other past cars:
79 Aspen = Nova
68 Dart = SuperBee or Roadrunner
65 Fury = "I didn't know Cadillac made a station wagon" or "is it a hearse"
66 Canadian Valiant (US Dart) = "some kind of Rambler"

The Scamp has been called a Chevelle too a few times, WTF???, not even close to looking the same, i dont get it.

My Swinger has no emblems or badges, so I get it all. Monte Carlo, Nova, Mustang (there's a whole contingent of people out that that think any nice old car is a Mustang).

So far I've been pretty fortunate. I think mine has been called a Duster,and when I correct them,they say "a Demon, I never heard of one" while they're looking at me strange:tard:. Like I just pulled a name out my *** and stuck on my car.

Have had several people look at my 76 Charger SE and tell me "nice Monte Carlo". Like someone else sd above, it a shame they can't even READ. It clearly says Charger in SEVERAL very visible places.

Most people ask about the 69 notch and i got the bronco for years on my ramcharger but what really erks me is all the little sidekicks and trackers that think they have a jeep-- makes me want to drive over them with my scrambler or renegade

-
Back