A case of mistaken identity

-

dartsport76

can't get right
Reaction score
I thought this might be a funny topic about our Mopar's. From time to time I"ll get some moron that thinks my car is somthing else. Has any one had this happen to them? I mean way off stuff. I have a 76 Dart Sport and today I had a guy at the grocery store (yes I drive it to go get milk, hey when your in a hurry what else better to drive) think that it was a Buick Skylark.

:withstup:
I have no hood on the car and Mopar Performance valve covers that say MOPAR PERFORMCE!!! I figure if he thought it was a Duster or a Demon thats one thing but a Skylark! Does this happen to anyone else or am I the only stepchild. Lets hear your story, and of course make it funny.

I can't tell you how many times my Demon has been called a Nova.......NOT

I owned a triple black Challenger convertible for the better part of 4 years. I can't begin to tell you how many people looked straight at the nameplate on the front fender and said "nice Charger"! I can sort of understand non-Mopar people not really knowing they never made Charger convertibles but you would think they could read!
Dallas

I have owned Mopars since 1985.Out of the Mopars my 66 Charger had no real identity..
It was called ..Duster,Dart,Challenger,Barracuda,Nova,Impala,Buick,Torino,Marlin, Malibu,Rebel,Chevelle,..Nobody ever knew what the hell it was.Barracuda and Nova was the most popular. Jim

I had a guy at a cruise in ask me who customized my Nova the way I had it done...he had never seen a '73 Duster before. My response to his question "Plymouth"

my scamp has been a chevelle and a caddy a few times most people think everyone that has an old car that is nice has to be a gm guy lol

a guy stopped and came in my yard the other day and said man your nova is really nice, I had one just like it, I said not just like this one, Plymouth made this one, and he said I did not know Plymouth made a nova, I said ya they call it a Duster and here is you badge. (the badge said: I am a Dumb ***). he got pee off and left

yeah, for some reason i get more upset when people call it a dodge duster than when people call it a nova

The Bacaruda has been called a Camaro more than once...seems the supposed know it alls about cars know it all so much they can't read the emblems; especially the ones on the taillight panel that read:

BARRACUDA
by PLYMOUTH

When I had my Cuda I would tell people I had A "Cuda" and they would say "A Couger?" My Super Bee would get called a super beetle when I would tell people about it. Dumb asses.

I was telling someone about my 69 GTX once and he responded with: (To bad it's not a Road Runner, then it would be worth BIG bucks). OK #-o

The wife use to call my 68 Dart "The Novadart".

I don't get the "think they Know " type , I get the " wanna know " s.
Some catch up to me and get close enough to read the rear emblem. I can read their lips in my rear view saying " Barracuda ". Then the store clerks an others who ask, " What kind of car is that ? " .

Every time I think we Mopar guys have it bad I just think of the AMC guys. How many of their cars have been mistaken for ours? The Rambler = Valiant, the Machine = Road Runner?

Not mistaken for another company's product but my Scamp is always called a Dart as in, "I used to have a Dart like that, what year is it?" The rest of the world just says, "What kind of car is that"?

Haveing a cold one in the pub a month ago. a young blood sitting next to me said oh, that`s your Maverick out there?#-oI could see my 67 cuda be mistaken for any pontiac, but a maverick?:-D

I don't get the "think they Know " type , I get the " wanna know " s.
Some catch up to me and get close enough to read the rear emblem. I can read their lips in my rear view saying " Barracuda ". Then the store clerks an others who ask, " What kind of car is that ? " .
+1 to that, even the guys(Older guys and the young ones) at Advance/Napa and AutoZone have no clue what a 66 barracuda is when I ask them to see if they have any parts I need. "Is that a Chevy?" :angry7:

Yeah,my 65 dart has been called a nova way too many times.Its also been mistaken for a rambler and also a mustang.....pleeeese...

-
Back