a Christmas gift that my daughter made me.

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
thought I'd share this.

so my daughter is a freshman this year. she decided to go to a tech high school and take welding. she really seems to like it. so in shop she made me and jamie christmas gifts. talk about cool. she made it from scrap laying around the shop. i loved it. gotta find a place for it thought. its large and heavy as hell. lol
she was all excited. torched the football out, got experience with an angle grinder and mig welded to together. up till now she has only been stick welding in class. she cut moms rose out on the band saw, got to use the chop saw for the stem and got to heat the pedals and make it bendable. so proud of the kid. not only learning all new stuff in shop she has made the volleyball team, basketball team and made honor roll in all honors classes. if only she would clean her room. :)

IMG_20231224_185119.jpg

IMG_20231224_185123.jpg

IMG_20231224_185127.jpg

IMG_20231224_185133.jpg

IMG_20231224_185201.jpg

IMG_20231224_185207.jpg

From her work with just scrap metal, she seems to be a talented young lady.

thought I'd share this.

so my daughter is a freshman this year. she decided to go to a tech high school and take welding. she really seems to like it. so in shop she made me and jamie christmas gifts. talk about cool. she made it from scrap laying around the shop. i loved it. gotta find a place for it thought. its large and heavy as hell. lol
she was all excited. torched the football out, got experience with an angle grinder and mig welded to together. up till now she has only been stick welding in class. she cut moms rose out on the band saw, got to use the chop saw for the stem and got to heat the pedals and make it bendable. so proud of the kid. not only learning all new stuff in shop she has made the volleyball team, basketball team and made honor roll in all honors classes. if only she would clean her room. :)

View attachment 1716183991

View attachment 1716183992

View attachment 1716183993

View attachment 1716183994

View attachment 1716183995

View attachment 1716183996
I know how proud you must be Joe, your doughter is one smart, ambitious young lady by doing all she is doing, sports, honor roll and taking up a very reliable trade if you ask me. Congratulations on being a great father and representing yourself as a good man she can look up to, this world needs more like her in this new generation :thumbsup:.

Proud for you my friend, Go Eagles!!

I know how proud you must be Joe, your doughter is one smart, ambitious young lady by doing all she is doing, sports, honor roll and taking up a very reliable trade if you ask me. Congratulations on being a great father and representing yourself as a good man she can look up to, this world needs more like her in this new generation :thumbsup:.

Proud for you my friend, Go Eagles!!

thank you.. she is a good kid. has her asshole teenage moments but is all in all a good kid..

she is actually at camp evans military base right now for more advancement training with the sea cadets.. culinary arts this time...

thank you.. she is a good kid. has her asshole teenage moments but is all in all a good kid..

she is actually at camp evans military base right now for more advancement training with the sea cadets.. culinary arts this time...

Oh man !! Thats great SuperDad

Wow, Joe that is a nice gift. Best of luck to your daughter in the future, she sure is talented!

With a daughter like her, I'd be OK with a messy room! If she continues in the military, they'll cure that.
Congratulations to you. Children of lousy parents rarely achieve like her.

With a daughter like her, I'd be OK with a messy room! If she continues in the military, they'll cure that.
Congratulations to you. Children of lousy parents rarely achieve like her.

we push her pretty good. always has a ton on her plate and so far she has been able to balance it all and get it done. not in the most efficient way but it gets done..lol. always hope we are doing things right. hopefully she keeps away from the bad crowd as she moves through the teen years..

there are three female freshman in the welding shop.. so far they get along great and are actually further along then the freshman boys. they started an instagram page lady_welders , only a couple pics up so far.. i can't wait to see what else gets posted..

Beyond cool, man! Just the beginning. Keep the fires burning!!

That’s totally awesome. You guys have a great kid there. She has wonderful talent. She does us proud. Thanks for raising a great kid. Kim

-
Back