A Close Look at Speedmaster's Roller Rockers

-
From the hole behind the roller (which im guessin' is there;-). Tap that top hole for a #8 set screw.
Hey all I went to take a look at the rocker and there's no hole on the bottom side
20160819_123949.jpg

If take a look at the Comp Cams magnum rocker, it has the same type of oiling hole.
cca-1621l-1_xl.jpg

I also took another look at the achor blocks and it looks like there are some alignment issues.
20160819_124034.jpg

It only comes with 2 size shims, so it looks like I'll have to do a modifications to make it work

Do you plan on putting these into service any time soon?
To answer your question, probably not anytime soon, as I stated before, it all depends on when I have the time and money:rolleyes:

I never understood why people on the internet like to make blanket statements about things they don't know. Sure as hell doesn't look there are oiling holes behind the roller to me. Thanks for the picture!

I also took another look at the achor blocks and it looks like there are some alignment issues. View attachment 1714959820
It only comes with 2 size shims, so it looks like I'll have to do a modifications to make it work

How do you have your hold-downs? narrow-wide-narrow-wide-narrow? BTW, you can buy .010, .020, & .030" shims to give yourself .015" clearance per pair. I even think valve spring shims will work. Don't quote me on that though.

Those look identical to a set of prw stainless rockers I just sent back. Even the hold downs are identical. The $165 price sounds better than the $425 prw tried charging me.

How do you have your hold-downs? narrow-wide-narrow-wide-narrow? BTW, you can buy .010, .020, & .030" shims to give yourself .015" clearance per pair. I even think valve spring shims will work. Don't quote me on that though.
narrow-wide-narrow-wide-narrow, by the way where can I get these shims?

Last edited:
The holes on top of the rockers can let through a lot of oil, but since the rockershafts only receive a timed oil supply only when the holes in the cambearings line-up, the actual amount of oil would be limited.

When I first noticed those holes on my set of PRW rockers, I thought of blocking them partly.

your local Mopar dealership sells shim kits from the Performance Parts catalog for a very reasonable price look up the number yourself then call for a price quote , you don't have to pay shipping if you pick them up at the dealership , another thing to look at is if you get the set with the thicker copper shims in it they are stamped for correct orientation .

-
Back