A COMPANY THAT I WILL AVOID

-

cuda6T9

Reaction score
Over a year ago I bought a dash for my 1969 Barracuda from Classic Dash out of Carson City Nevada. I paid $317.95. They did not specify that it would not fit the 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Heating & A/C Control knobs. It was also radio delete. When I contacted them to return it they wanted a 25% restock fee. I can customize the dash to fit.
Recently, I contacted them for the gauges for my dash. This consisted of 2-5" gauges and
4- 2 1/16th" gauges. Auto meter Ultra Lite II gauges. I also bought glove box trim to match the dash. The gauge package comes with the wiring harness needed to install. I tried to do this online thru pay pal but it did not work, so I phoned in the order to the salesman Paul, and he quoted a price of $1000.00.I paid it. When I received my package,there was no volt gauge, or gauge wiring harness.I called to speak to Paul but he was on vacation.When I finally got in touch with Paul he said I did not pay enough for volt meter or wiring harness. He quoted me the price!!!!The wiring harness was free with the gauge package! Now he wants $275.00 for the volt meter and wiring harness! Plus if I decided to return the WRONG order I pay a 25%
restock fee!STEER CLEAR THEY ARE SHYSTERS!! They give Auto Meter a bad name. cuda6T9

If you paid with a credit card the credit card company might be able to go to bat for you and get all returned with no cost to you except perhaps shipping

If you paid with a credit card the credit card company might be able to go to bat for you and get all returned with no cost to you except perhaps shipping
Thanks Dana67Dart, but because I had to order over the phone I don't have any proof of what I ordered. They were supposed to send me a confirmation order and tracking but never did. The credit card company said it was my word against theirs.This is why they ditched Pay Pal I'm sure. cuda6T9

cuda6T9,

On behalf of the Classic Dash team, we would like to let you know that we recognize your experience was less than ideal and we apologize. We are very customer-focused and have set a high standard for the type of service our customers can expect. Unfortunately, this incident did not reflect the standard we have set for ourselves; we acknowledge that we missed the mark. We appreciate your willingness to speak with us personally today and are glad we were able to come up with a solution that worked for you and your project.

Regarding PayPal, we have experienced some issues with the service and our website, given this, we have temporarily taken PayPal down while we work to resolve the bug. We understand this is a preferred payment option for many, and as such,we are not moving away from offering PayPal. We hope to have the technical issues resolved very soon. In the meantime, we are always more than happy to provide customers with a PayPal invoice.

Again, please accept our apologizes and we wish you the best of luck on your install!

Classic Dash

Please elaborate on the solution please?
Also was this a dash, a dash pad or an instrument cluster?
Over a year ago I bought a dash for my 1969 Barracuda from Classic Dash out of Carson City Nevada. I paid $317.95. They did not specify that it would not fit the 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Heating & A/C Control knobs. It was also radio delete. When I contacted them to return it they wanted a 25% restock fee. I can customize the dash to fit.
Recently, I contacted them for the gauges for my dash. This consisted of 2-5" gauges and
4- 2 1/16th" gauges. Auto meter Ultra Lite II gauges. I also bought glove box trim to match the dash. The gauge package comes with the wiring harness needed to install. I tried to do this online thru pay pal but it did not work, so I phoned in the order to the salesman Paul, and he quoted a price of $1000.00.I paid it. When I received my package,there was no volt gauge, or gauge wiring harness.I called to speak to Paul but he was on vacation.When I finally got in touch with Paul he said I did not pay enough for volt meter or wiring harness. He quoted me the price!!!!The wiring harness was free with the gauge package! Now he wants $275.00 for the volt meter and wiring harness! Plus if I decided to return the WRONG order I pay a 25%
restock fee!STEER CLEAR THEY ARE SHYSTERS!! They give Auto Meter a bad name. cuda6T9

cuda6T9,

On behalf of the Classic Dash team, we would like to let you know that we recognize your experience was less than ideal and we apologize. We are very customer-focused and have set a high standard for the type of service our customers can expect. Unfortunately, this incident did not reflect the standard we have set for ourselves; we acknowledge that we missed the mark. We appreciate your willingness to speak with us personally today and are glad we were able to come up with a solution that worked for you and your project.

Regarding PayPal, we have experienced some issues with the service and our website, given this, we have temporarily taken PayPal down while we work to resolve the bug. We understand this is a preferred payment option for many, and as such,we are not moving away from offering PayPal. We hope to have the technical issues resolved very soon. In the meantime, we are always more than happy to provide customers with a PayPal invoice.

Again, please accept our apologizes and we wish you the best of luck on your install!

Classic Dash

So, what is this "solution that worked" that got reached ?

I write down everything i want before i place a call
Beside each item i mark it when the person acknowledges it and make a note of any special circumstances, like 10 day backorder or price change.

Vendors need to be on top of their game,as displayed here on the forum, bad review can hurt business.
If the vendor was top notch and
Took customer satisfaction to the highest level as they claim, this thread would have never been necessary. So i ask, why would the vendor let it get to this point?
Complacency.
Maybe not the business itself,but the staff,not giving a crap.theres a thousand problems and just as many excuses.

Bad press is enough for me to want to stay away,its my hard earned money.vendors need to work for it too.

Hopefully the original poster will respond. Would be nice to hear if a solution was reached.

So, what is this "solution that worked" that got reached ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

And since Classic Dash has chimed in I have a few questions for them.

The OP said that the dash cluster was as advertised coming with the gauges and the wirinf harness. If that is the case, how could your salesman screw up that bad, not knowing what the total package was, since he is the "face" for your company? Lack of training? Lack of product knowledge?

I want to know what is going on too. However, the thread started on Thursday, right before a long weekend. Let's give it a few days. I assume the Op will let us know.

Found it. I kinda thought this thread was going to be the dash he was talking about. Blow moulded ABS plastic. Cheap *** lookin dash solution. I had seen these for years being used on GM products. Look cheap, but aint cheap. Figured they would stay away from mopar. Guess i was wrong.The B body 68-70 one looks just as awful. Whenever i see any nice looking car with this setup in it, well its a total turn off. Its like the owner put all the time into their build, then when it came to the part they will spend the most time looking at, they just threw something at it, said this is good enough. Heck the way its moulded should tell you the heater controls are not gonna fit. Heres a sample pic below from their website A body rallye dash 67-71. "Add a touch of class to your dash" LOL!!! More like add some cheap *** blow moulded plastic stuffed full of autometers for $1K in your dash. Yuck!!

Screenshot_20180528-000211.png

Last edited:
Now to clarify, theres nothing wrong w autometers. Great gages, however theres lots of better dash solutions all over this website. People using sheetmetal inlayed in original plastic housings, among other things. I see a lot of creativity on this site with gage mounting / panel modification that looks real nice. Some of it almost factory looking. Always thought the Peak dashes were really nice too. Made out of aluminum. Lots of work went into making those.

Last edited:
I paid $200+ for one of those pieces of plastic for my Duster, kind of regret it now... luckily I saved my old factory instrument cluster so I can mod that into something nice later on. They really are overpriced for what you get.

Khalid,

You can make a super cool one with a sheetmetal insert and the stock outer bezel yourself. Check out harley davidson indicator lamps w international symbols on them. I used those on a custom one i made for a friends S-10 blazer. Had the blue high beam symbol, and green arrows. Looked great. Plus you can knock out the gage holes where you want them.

Last edited:
Khalid,

You can make a super cool one with a sheetmetal insert and the stock outer bezel yourself. Check out harley davidson indicator lamps w international symbols on them. I used those on a custom one i made for a friends S-10 blazer. Had the blue high beam symbol, and green arrows. Looked great. Plus you can knock out the gage holes where you want them.

I've seen a few around here done up that way pretty sweet, I'm gonna take my time thinking of a custom look but in the meantime this dash is decent and gets the job done, basically holds the gauges in place as much as a 5/16" thick sheet of plastic can, at least the smaller gauges had room for the screw-on supports. I took the stock inst. panel out because I had hacked it up to fit an aftermarket round speedo and not really succeeded lol, plus I wanted to bypass the sketchy ammeter circuit and have REAL Volts, Water Temp, and Fuel. The stock cluster has decent room in the lower left corner area for a 2-5/16" (I think?) round gauge btw, I popped an Auto Meter oil pressure gauge in there a long while back.

Check out speedhut for gages too. You can custom make them however you want. Backlighting, face color, outer ring, pointer style and color, etc. Almost endless possibilities. Pick your options, build it online to see what it looks like. You can get them in 2&1/16" too.

Last edited:
Heres one i picked options with just fooling with it this morning. Top pic is daytime how i optioned it, and l2 and 3 are night time backlighting options i picked. Bottom pic is standard gage before customization. Theres literally hundreds of ways to customize these to what you want. Even putting logos in the centers of the gages

Screenshot_20180531-054203.png

Screenshot_20180531-054315.png

Screenshot_20180531-054157.png

Screenshot_20180531-055607.png

Last edited:
Sorry I am just getting back on A Bodies. I purchased my dash from Classic Dash a yr ago. It is the same dash that Michael67 shows in pix above. I had to cut out
for the thumb wheel radio and had to widen the heating and A/C slots. To each his own, I like the results. A few weeks ago I purchased Auto Meter Ultra Lite II gage
package from classic dash. It came with speedo, tac, oil, water, fuel, and volt. Plus a wiring harness included. When I got my package there was no volt gage or wiring harness. This is where the drama began. After we posted our complaint with A Bodies, the next day we got a phone call from Classic Dash. Now mind you these are the same people I talked to before the post, and told me I was SOL! Now all of a sudden they want to "Make everything all right". Before this call, I had already purchased a wiring harness and from Auto Meter I purchased the volt gage. Classic Dash told me they would refund the money for the wiring harness. I did get my wiring harness, but waiting for the refund. They wanted me to call Auto Meter and cancel the order for the volt gage and they would send that for free, but I didn't feel like dealing with them anymore. We will see what happens to the refund. I still won't deal with the company, because I should not have had to go thru all this drama to get satisfaction. I drive nothing but Mopars and when I finish my '69 Fastback Barracuda it will be one fast bad *** Mopar. Thanks for all your responses. cuda6T9

Check out speedhut for gages too. You can custom make them however you want. Backlighting, face color, outer ring, pointer style and color, etc. Almost endless possibilities. Pick your options, build it online to see what it looks like. You can get them in 2&1/16" too.
I got a set of gages from Speedhut. They came with a wiring harness too. That was a different project. I wanted to go with something different for my cuda.

It will show up on your credit card statement. You should also drop your credit card company.
My credit card company can't be blamed for a bad company. I had no physical proof of what I ordered (don't ever call in an order) since the online ordering was not working that day. I did receive an order it just was not complete. This is why pay pal is the only way I will go. They will refund your purchase and charge the company when the issue is not resolved. cuda6T9

-
Back