a cool Hemi for a narrow body A

-

340eh

Driver
Reaction score
Check this car and engine out.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/site/202

124881677521.jpg

I just have to ask, when did they make a 2.5 V8 Hemi ? I have a 2.7 /6 170 ci.

Dam 2.5 V8, those pistons must be some small.
I was just up at legendary for a shop tour, very nice place and great guys working there. They are located at Halton Hills ON.

Cool pic 340eh.

To be fair, not my pic I just stumbled across it while I was on the LMC site. I'd love to have them do one of my cars but two kids under four and a house full of undone reno's means I'll be 50 before I have a hope.

I saw one of those a while back. They sound nice too. Couldn't believe it was a hemi untill they guy popped the hood.

its a jaguar engine. There was one on craigslist around here a few weeks ago. would have bought but its probaly a royal pain to get parts for it. Also on a side note toyota also made a v8 hemi engine. Of course good luck finding parts for that either.

No way!

The lil hemi that could!?

Any power ratings?
Well done on the find!!!

Not Jaguar, but Daimler.

Jag used a DOHC inline 6 (which was a true Hemi). Daimler cars, which used that little V8 were built by Jaguar and used similar body shells with scalloped grilles and slightly different trim. The Jag 6 was a much more powerful engine.

The Daimler Dart shown in the ad used their engine in a Standard-Triumph chassis, basically a TR-3 frame.

No way!

The lil hemi that could!?

Any power ratings?
Well done on the find!!!

Website says 140 hp good for 120 mph in that little Daimler. It reminds me of the Connely (sp?) 1/4 scale motors. :)

that daimler dart looked bitchin too. they strengthened the frame after the first couple years because they were too twisty.

Daimler-SP250-Dart_1.jpg

Daimler-SP250-Dart_4.jpg

-
Back