A couple more wiring questions

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1968 Barracuda

I'm installing my dash harness and i ran into a couple of issues. ..

On top of my heater box is this connection. ...

And here on my old harness is the plug

Problem is, my new harness doesn't have that wire and plug!
What can I do?????

Also, my heater control has this connection, but for the life of me I can't find a match on my new harness. ....

Lastly, what are these 2 wires for?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Yep,the last 2 are for the back up. It didn't come with the plug? Who did you get the harness from? It looks incomplete. Those 2 wires should plug into your console harness with this plug. 2nd pic and center plug is the box connector,pic 1 is the reverse plug on the shifter,3rd pic is and plug on right goes to the shifter

Attachments

• Picture 1461.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture 013.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 199
  • Picture 2141.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 203
Did you compare the harnesses to see if they just left those wires out?

Im betting the possible differences in harness from ac to non ac and mfg maybe just omitted them?
Not that you need my vote of confidence but great work and upgrade!

Reuse the a/c underdash harness. You said your missing the connection to plug into your a/c controls and missing the plug that leads to your blower motor resistor. Either the manufacturer left it out on accident or your supposed to buy an A/C harness/reuse your original.
I wired up a friends 72 torino a few years back. We had to reuse the A/C, wiper, and voltage regulator harnesses.

His looks non a/c. The pic I posted is of my a/c box and wiring which shows 3 plugs. The non a/c just uses the left 2.

So I can unwrap my old harness and use the part I need?

That's how I did it on the torino. The wiper harness plugged into the switch and passed through a grommet to the wiper motor. I think there was one single power wire in the wiper harness that ran to the fuse box originally. So I tapped it into the new fuse box, DONE. The A body stuff should be just as easy!

That's how I did it on the torino. The wiper harness plugged into the switch and passed through a grommet to the wiper motor. I think there was one single power wire in the wiper harness that ran to the fuse box originally. So I tapped it into the new fuse box, DONE. The A body stuff should be just as easy!

I'll unwrap that sucker later on and see what I see!!!

Jeff

When we put the harness in our 71 valiant, we somehow got a harness for a heater only car, and we have an a/c car.

I was able to trace the main power wire for the heater only (black) and remove that from the new harness and install it in the center hole for the heater only harness to make it work.

When we put the harness in our 71 valiant, we somehow got a harness for a heater only car, and we have an a/c car.

I was able to trace the main power wire for the heater only (black) and remove that from the new harness and install it in the center hole for the heater only harness to make it work.

Ya....I didn't realize it was a separate harness. ....
Guess I'll just have to get it.....!

These cars require a lot of patience!

Jeff

-
Back