a couple videos about TTI

-

1Fast340

Reaction score
just found these and thougth some of you might enjoy this.

TTI´s production
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1fLY0RwrGk"]How High Performance Headers Are Built - YouTube[/ame]
TTI system instal
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296o3EHCm2I"]Installing TTI Headers & Exhaust In Project Valiant - YouTube[/ame]

The production video is very interesting. It's easier to understand the cost when you see how involved the manufacturing process is.

Damn that was pretty cool. That mandrel bender was wicked! Now I know why they cost so much. The guy welding was super quick.

...cool share...very interesting how they are made...

..now if I could have a few moments alone with him regarding ours :)

This is actually easy to see.......a shop with tons of experience, "unlimited" machinery, and many many employees with years of experience

What I have trouble putting in my mind is some of these custom guys who've built awesome one-off headers for their rigs with nothing more than a pair of flanges, a welder, and a box full of random bends. I know guys who've done this, some of them very very well done.

I'd end up with boxes of welded together junk, LOL

This is actually easy to see.......a shop with tons of experience, "unlimited" machinery, and many many employees with years of experience

What I have trouble putting in my mind is some of these custom guys who've built awesome one-off headers for their rigs with nothing more than a pair of flanges, a welder, and a box full of random bends. I know guys who've done this, some of them very very well done.

I'd end up with boxes of welded together junk, LOL

i have done similar work but at a much smaller company and it takes alot of effort to prototype and make paterns nomather how much equipment is at hand considering how much can differ betwen different cars just in production tolerances back in the 60´s and 70´s the actual production is alot easier but sure takes experience.

Yep building one of´s and custom stuff with limited tools is a different ballgame but alot of fun its just a mather of lots and lots of patience:D i actualy consider it alot easier than doing prototypes and paterns alot less factors to care about. i think most anyone with an open mindset and some basic tools and knowledge could build a set of headers and a complete exhaust from random bends with enough patience and some research!

-
Back