A/F meter time and have some questions.

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I want to get more serious about tuning my Dart. I think an A/F meter is needed. I'm trying to be more scientific about my tuning. I've tried looking at plugs, exhaust tips, carb changes etc. but, I'm thinking there has to be a better way. I don't race or think I need data logging, so a basic unit $150-200 should work. But first a couple questions.

I have dual exhaust with no crossover so, can I just put it in one pipe? Eddy 1406 on a 318.

Are there portable units for say the exhaust pipe or is a 02 in a bung always used?

Lastly, would my stock /6 in my truck benefit from tuning with one?
Thanks FABO

Yes
Bung is the best way
Yes.
I installed one on my sb mechanical 6 pack and I saw it richer than I thought at idle and low to medium cruise and actually lean at WOT. With holleys though you may need to modify the IAF and IFR sizes best thing to do is read up!

I bought an Innovate, it does logging and was less than 2 bills. The thread for the sensor is the same as 18mm Ford spark plugs. I don't recall the thread pitch, but I bought a couple of nuts at the local fastener's store and used them for bungs. I think the nuts were a buck and quarter each or so

Thanks for the help. Bought the Innovate MXT-L. I need some exhaust work on both projects. I'll have the bung installed.

-
Back